Chapter Fourteen

Fire. That's all I saw as I frantically looked around at the familiarity of the area I was in, the only thing I heard were the sound of screams in pain, I covered my ears to blur out the sounds as I closed my eyes, tears cascaded down my cheeks. The screams stopped and I uncovered my ears and opened my eyes in curiosity and a light gasp escaped my lips, there were so much blood and dead bodies everywhere.

There was the same golden wolf with large lustrous golden eyes, their fur was gently blowing in the wind. The wolf was leaning over two lifeless bodies, I stared in confusion before warily walking closer to the wolf. I stood right infront of it, it let out a painful whine that felt like a punch in the stomach, the second it looked up at me, their eyes were filled with sorrow.

I examined attentively at the two bodies in front of me; it was a male and female. The male had jet black hair that trailed over his eye lashes while the female had beautifully long blood red hair, my instincts tells me that I know them. My eyes widened as the sudden realisation sunk in. 'Are these my parents?'

I shot up from bed, feeling sweat dripping down my forehead, I felt onto my chest as I tried to steady my irregular breathing. I looked over at the clock that was at the end of my room. It was 4:38 am. I crawled out of bed, tip toeing my way downstairs to make sure I didn't wake anyone up.

I turned on the light in the kitchen, grabbing the glass from the cabinet then turned on the tap as I filled the glass full of water. I took small sips as I thought back to my dream. Something tells me that it was real; but why am I getting these dreams now and not when Damian was manipulating me all these years?

My thoughts were interrupted with muscular arms wrapped around my waist, I jumped from the sudden action. I felt tingles all over my body and I knew exactly who it was. Xylus' nose trailed down my neck, taking in my scent, "why do you keep avoiding me, Kiara?" His deep, raspy voice spoke up which left shivers down my spine. He left soft, delicate kisses on my neck, my breathing quickened and I bit my lip.

"Xylus...W-what are you doing?" I managed to speak through the pleasure he was giving me. I put down my glass before turning my body to face him, his hands were secured around my waist.

Xylus' eyes were silver as were his hair, i narrowed my eyes in confusion as to why his wolf was out. It was then I noticed the state he was in. There was light sweat on his forehead, his breathing was heavy and his hair was messy as if he was continuously running his fingers through it. He was in heat.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath.

"What's your name?" I stared curiously into his eyes that shined so bright, like stars.

"Zilar." He purred as he pulled me closer. It was so hard to contain myself whenever I was around Xylus, my mind would only focus on him, whenever I would be in his presence I would feel so nervous and feel like a giddy school girl, he made me feel something I've never felt with anyone else. The stronger the mate bond is, the harder it is to control myself around this beautiful specimen.

He is in heat and his wolf's only thought is to mate with me and mark me as his. He is not in the state of mind, I can't continue with him, no matter how much I wish I could.

He was leaning into me, he was about to kiss me and I put my hands on his chest and gently pushed him back.

"Zilar, I know you wish we could go further, but you wouldn't want our first time to be while you're in heat, do you?" I caressed his cheek, he leaned into my touch and shook his head while looking at me with a sad puppy look and I silently cooed at his cuteness.

"But...c-can I have a kiss here...please?" He asked timidly as he pointed to his left cheek and I chuckled.

"Bend down then, I can't reach you from up there, Wolfie." I rolled my eyes playfully as I crossed my arms. He quickly bent down to my level as his eyes shined with anticipation. I held onto his left cheek, lightly trailing over the scar on his eye with my finger. He fluttered his eyes closed and sighed in content.

"You're such a beautiful man." I whispered, astonishingly and a faint smile tugged on his lips.

I got on my tip toes despite him bending down, he was a tall man. I placed a small kiss on his cheek, as I pulled away I saw a hint of pink on his cheeks.

"Now go to sleep, okay?" He nodded, and made his way upstairs, he stopped at the end of the stairs and gave me one last smile and I reciprocated, he never smiled and seeing him smile made butterflies appear in my stomach. Once he disappeared from my line of sight, I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

'Gosh, what is this man doing to me?'

{EDITED}