Chapter Nineteen

"Orlena.." I weakly spoke as tears trailed down my cheeks. I felt a whole wave of anger, the pain felt numb, the next minute I screamed out as my bones felt like it was getting crushed and rearranged, and then the pain stopped.

I looked at Damian and for the first time he was shocked, I snarled, and I realised I couldn't talk, I looked down and noticed I had paws and luscious golden fur.

I glanced at Xylus, his skin became paler, then my eyes snapped up at Damian, I ran up to him, I jumped on him which made him fall, he tried to push me off him but I didn't budge, I grabbed his head in my mouth and ripped it off. The remaining vampire's fled the scene, when the pack members noticed their lifeless Alpha laying on the ground, all of them began to howl.

I ran up to him in my wolf form, I howled in sorrow as I felt the last bit of our mate bond slowly disappearing. I noticed Annalise and Aurora running up to us, they both gasped at me and Xylus, the second they moved closer, I snapped my teeth at them to stay where they are. 

"I had a precognition of you healing Alpha, Kiara." Annalise quickly stated and I glanced at her before I felt my anger slowly disappearing, I felt my bones rearrange again but it wasn't as painful, I looked down at myself, my clothes were still on and I was silently grateful.

"I don't know how to heal someone, Annalise." I sobbed out as I caressed Xylus' cold skin.

I wrapped my arms around Xylus' figure as I cried into his neck, "Xylus, please come back to me, I love you!" His neck was full of my tears and then there was a sudden bright white light, I moved away slightly to see that Xylus' body was glowing, a soft gasp escaped my lips, then as quick as it came, the light disappeared. I looked in anticipation, and felt my heart jump in happiness when Xylus' eyes opened slowly and blinked a couple of times. He looked at me with his blue, purple eyes that I loved so much. "You love me?" he grinned at me mischievously and I punched his shoulder, he winced slightly and gave me a pout. I jumped into his arms and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I thought I lost you." I whispered into his ear, he stroked my hair to calm me down.

"Never." he whispered back and I smiled.

"Alpha, are you okay?" Eugene ran up to us, his voice lingering in concern.

Xylus looked at him for a split second then gazed at me once again, "Never better." He moved the hair out of my face and I leaned into his touch.

I got up from the ground and pulled Xylus up with me, "Please, go to your loved ones now, they must be worried." I advised and the pack members nodded, bolting away towards the pack house.

I smiled at Annalise, Aurora and Eugene in gratitude then pulled Xylus along with me. "Woah, chill babe." Xylus remarked in a mischievous tone. I rolled my eyes playfully, acting like him calling me 'Babe' didn't make my heart beat 1000 miles a minute.

As the mansion came into view, my eyes gazed around the pack house, I sighed in relief when I saw the pack members only had slight injuries and there were no deaths. I was proud to have such strong pack members.

I noticed a small girl getting out of the bunker, it was Eleanor, I let go of Xylus' hand and bolted towards her, I embraced her and she lightly gasped and when she realised it was me, she wrapped her little arms around my neck. I gently pulled away so I could look at her, "Are you okay, sweetie? He didn't hurt you, did he?" I asked full of worry and she shook her head with a small smile on her face. "No, I'm okay." She spoke up and I nodded in understanding.

"Where's your mother? She must be worried about you." I questioned in curiosity as my eyes wandered around to look around for her mother. My eyes then glanced back at her, her eyes were faced on the ground as she fiddled with her small fingers. A sudden realisation dawned upon me, 'She must be an orphan', my heart dropped when I saw her eyes glistening in tears. A pack member, who looked to be in her 50's walked up to me and put a head on Eleanor's shoulder, she looked at her with sympathy. I turned to look at Xylus who kept his distance as he watched the interaction with concern in his eyes.

I looked back at Eleanor, "I'll be right back sweetie." I caressed her cheeks and she nodded.

I walked up to Xylus and he had raised his eyebrow in curiosity, I grabbed ahold of his hands and stroked his knuckles, "I know this seems sudden, but can we please adopt Eleanor?" I asked with desperation in my tone. He hasn't said anything for a couple of seconds as his eyes trailed over to the little girl behind me as he was pondering over my request.

Every second felt like a minute as I waited for his answer, "If it will make you happy, then ofcourse." My heart jumped at his answer, I leaped at him and wrapped my arms around his neck which made him chuckle.

{EDITED}