{Ch. 2} High Quality Ride

Wanda left the room once my dad arrived and the two of us sat talking for hours. It wasn't about anything in particular - we were simply catching up on everything we'd missed during the time we'd spent apart. I asked a lot of questions about the avengers, all of which he answered.

Apparently, they hadn't gotten off to a great start. Steve had really been the only person who believed my dad was a good guy. He told me that he was close with Steve, Natasha and Wanda, but that was pretty much it.

He answered a few of my questions about Wanda, but then began to have questions of his own when I asked too many. I found out that Wanda was the most powerful person he'd ever known - way more powerful than the rest of the avengers - and that she had her own experiences with HYDRA.

I wanted to know everything about her, but I knew I should be asking the red-head herself instead of my dad and so I eventually dropped the subject. When it got late, my father gave me one last hug and gently kissed my forehead, before telling me to get some sleep and leaving the room.

I knew sleep wasn't going to be an option, since this place was so new to me. Instead, I decided to explore. First, however, I wanted a shower. I opened the door I had noticed, confirming that it was indeed a bathroom.

I had my own shampoo and conditioner, as well as body wash. Stepping under the hot water and allowing my muscles to relax after a long day was always one of my favourite feelings in the world.

I chose not to ask FRIDAY to play music and instead, hit shuffle on my spotify playlist. Music was another one of my favourite things. I could never get enough of it. I quietly sang along to the songs, while thinking of everything that had happened to me today.

I knew I should probably not get my hopes up about the situation. It could easily go South and yet, something about The Avengers told me I was safe here. I didn't feel like everything was about to be taken away. I was literally surrounded by super heroes - what did I have to be afraid of?

I thought of everything that I had missed out on my entire life while I was living in fear of the world around me. Now was finally my chance to have a life. I could have friends - a family even. I could feel safe around these people if I would just open myself up to the idea.

So, I decided then and there that I was going to allow myself to settle in here. Really. I was going to make an effort to get to know anyone and everyone. I could focus on doing what I had always wanted to do with or without my abilities: make other people happy.

Once I had stepped out of the shower, I quickly dried myself off and got changed into one of the three pairs of clothes I actually owned. Then, I decided to wander the compound. I found it unlikely that anyone would actually be awake at this time, so I could explore as I pleased.

"FRIDAY?" I called out, unsure as to whether or not this thing would even listen to me, but it did. "Could you give me directions to the kitchen please?" I asked, scratching the side of my head, out of habit.

With the instructions that the AI had given me, I followed throughout the halls and found myself standing in the Avengers's kitchen. It was large and spacious, just as I had expected. There were large windows taking up one of the walls, giving me an incredible view of the moon.

The last thing I wanted to do was make Tony believe I was taking advantage of my stay here, but it had been several days since I'd last eaten anything and he told me I could help myself to whatever I wanted.

I opened the fridge, opting for a snack, so that I wouldn't seem as rude by helping myself to people's food. "Hey." I heard someone call out, causing me to flinch and spin around. Wanda was standing there, still wearing the same pair of light blue jeans and a cream sweater. She looked adorable, but I wondered why she wasn't getting ready for bed, yet.