{Ch. 15} Beautiful

The next day, I woke feeling a thousand times better. My body no longer felt as though it was made of concrete and my dreams of Wanda had put me in the best mood. Wanda.

I lifted my head, expecting to see her either sitting behind the barrier or gone, but she wasn't. She was still laying down beside me, only now her eyes were closed and her breathing was steady. She had fallen asleep with me in my cell.

I found myself placing my head in the space between her shoulder and her neck, breathing in her intoxicating scent and slipping my arm around her small waist. She was the most beautiful thing this Earth had to offer and I realised that now.

I breathed a sigh of relief, feeling as though my battery had been recharged and my mind was more at ease. With Wanda laying there beside me, I felt more at peace than I ever had in my life. Nothing could hurt me right now, because she was there. She would protect me. She'd take care of me. She had since I first met her.

After a while, I felt her take a deep breath and realised that she was awake. However, I made no move to actually change our position. I laid completely still and waited to see what she'd do. I expected her to get up and leave, ensuring she wouldn't be seen by any of the guards. She didn't. Instead, she brought her hand up and began running her fingers through my hair.

I tried to hold back the soft sigh that escaped, but it was no use. She heard it and pulled back ever so slightly, looking me in my now open eyes. "Hi." She whispered, smiling gently. I thought about moving my hand, considering it was wrapped around her body. However, before I had the chance, she turned into her side and pulled me closer.

"How did you sleep?" She asked, continuing to play with my hair. My heart melted and began beating so much faster at the same time. All I could think about in that moment was how perfect she was.

"Good. You?" I replied, allowing my thumb to gently caress the piece of skin that had been revealed by her shirt. This was my idea of a perfect moment. I was so incredibly nervous, but so at ease at the same time. None of it made sense.

"Perfect." She answered, looking down shyly when she remembered that she had fallen asleep beside me. I tried and failed to hide my smile. She was just so precious and wonderful. I wanted to hug her and never let go. I couldn't imagine anyone being more beautiful than her.

"Thank you." I breathed out, gazing into the green of her eyes. I wished to stay in that moment forever. I wished to be with her forever. "For staying with me and for helping."

"It's okay. I'm glad you're feeling better." She told me, causing me to smile once more. I was feeling better. In fact, I felt on top of the world. I hadn't slept like that in a very long time. I'm not even just talking since I'd been in that cell either. I hadn't slept that good since I was a child. Maybe it was because I was so exhausted, but I had a feeling she had something to do with it.

"You're going to get into trouble for being in here." I reminded her, though I was sure she already knew. She smiled and looked up towards the ceiling. I wanted to know what she was thinking about.

"What exactly are they gonna do?" She smirked, confidently. I smiled and pulled away slightly, shocked by this cocky side of her.

"Wow. Has Wanda Maximoff finally acknowledged how badass she is?" I sarcastically gasped, causing her to laugh and playfully punch my shoulder. I giggled and rested my head back against her arm. It was a comfortable moment and I didn't think she'd mind.

"I don't think badass is the right word, considering everyone's terrified of me." She joked, though I knew she was being partially serious. She worried a lot about people thinking she was some monster, that much was obvious. I wondered how she actually saw her herself and realised it was probably the same way.