{Ch. 20} Angel

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, but this book is back. My motivation and mental health are both pretty much non-existent at the moment, but I wanted to get a chapter out for you guys anyway. Hope you enjoy : )

This chapter is currently unedited. Feel free to point out any mistakes, I will not be offended.

- - - / - - - / - - - / - - - / - - -

Wanda had apologised to Natasha after what happened, though the ex-assassin just smirked the entire way through and brushed it off like it was nothing. I didn't understand what was going on. Why was everyone acting so strange today?

We all went our separate ways a little while later and I got ready for the party. I picked a dark green dress Pepper had chosen when we were shopping. She said it looked beautiful on me and I believed her, so that was the choice I went with. Plus, it was a fancy ball, so I had to wear it anyway.

At eight, an hour after the party had technically begun, I finally left my room and entered the zone

At eight, an hour after the party had technically begun, I finally left my room and entered the zone. Loud music was, as always with Tony's parties, booming around the room at an extremely obnoxious volume. Although this time, the music was classy and elegant.

"Hey, pretty." Came the voice of a white-haired Sokovian. Pietro stood there in a full black suit with a matching tie.

"Wow, you look amazing!" I gasped, stepping back to take in his outfit. He had genuinely never looked better. He smiled and did a slow turn to allow me to take it in even more. He was clearly very confident in his choice.

"You like?" He asked, his smile practically glowing. I loved that he was confident in himself. It was infectious.

"I love." I replied, holding my dress up a little so I could step back. My green heels were revealed as I did so. Like a gentleman, he stepped forwards and held out his arm for me to untangle myself. "Thank you."

"Would you like to dance?" He suggested, to which I immediately accepted. He took my hand and led me over to the dance floor. I placed my hands on his shoulders and he placed his on my waist, never going lower. He was a respectful man.

"Is Wanda here?" I asked, not being able to stop myself from thinking about her. We swayed from side to side and were able to look each other even from so close up, but neither of us felt uncomfortable. He was just the type of guy that made you feel safe. Maybe it was a family thing.

"Yeah, she's staring us." He chuckled, causing me to look away. He pointed over to the corner of the room and my eyes travelled across the length of the dance floor where she was dancing with Vision. "Now, now, don't get too jealous." He joked.

"What? Why would I be jealous?" I questioned, looking over to the two. It seemed perfectly innocent to me. I'd only seen the two interact a couple of times, so it didn't exactly seem like I had anything to worry about. Even if there was something there, Wanda was her own person and she could do whatever she wanted.