{Ch. 19} Fight

I stepped into the living room with a smile on my face. Steve, my dad and Sam were all sitting on the sofa, chatting amongst themselves. "Good morning." Steve called out, upon noticing my arrival. I returned the gesture and took a seat in the chair.

"Hey, where were you last night?" My dad asked, causing me to tilt my head in confusion. I was with him and the rest of the Avengers until I went to bed. "I came to check on you, but you weren't in your room?"

His tone was very suggesting, indicating that he already knew exactly where I was, but simply wanted to bring it up just to make me blush. It worked and I attempted to think of some sort of excuse to justify where I was, but I couldn't find it in myself to lie and so instead I chose to just keep quiet.

"That's what I thought." He spoke, causing me to glare at him. Both he and Sam began roaring with laughter, while Steve just chuckled, most likely confused as to what was going on.

Just then, Wanda stepped into the room. Her face was scrunched up and she showed that she was clearly confused as to why everyone was laughing. However, as she looked over at me, I shook my head, silently begging for her not to ask. She obliged, simply sitting down on the arm of the chair I was in.

"Good morning, Wanda." My dad tauntingly greeted, causing her to furrow her eyebrows. He took a sip of whatever was in his mug, before smirking at the woman. "Sleep well?"

"Dad, I hate you." I joked, causing both him and Sam to laugh again. I simply rolled my eyes and looked down.

"What's everyone laughing at?" Came a sixth person's voice. It was Natasha's. I looked up to see her standing in the doorway, her eyebrow cocked with curiosity.

She looked different today. Her hair was half up, half down and it really suited her. She was wearing a short, red top with high-waisted black jeans and heels. The outfit accentuated her already flawless figure and if I didn't think of her as my big sister, I'd probably say she looked extremely hot, because she did.

A loud cough caused me to snap my attention away from the ex-assassin and towards the red-head who made the sound. Wanda rolled her eyes right as I turned to her, causing me to furrow my eyebrows. What had I done?

"Oh, we're just teasing Dani, as usual." Sam commented, gaining my attention once again. Natasha smiled at that and shook her head, walking over to me and placing her hand softly on the back of my head. It was comforting.

"Leave her alone." Natasha joked, before she leaned down a little closer to me as the boys all continued to make jokes. "You wanna train with me later?" She offered.

"Yeah, sure. Thanks." I accepted, feeling happy to get straight back to it. I had a feeling that this time, it wouldn't just be about exploring my abilities. It would also be about learning new things and being prepared. Natasha was good with all that stuff. Much better than me.

"Okay. I'm going out for a little while, so around... three?" She suggested, to which I nodded. "Alright." She mumbled, before walking away, her hand slowly slipping from the back of my head.

"Have fun." I called to her as she reached the door. Instead of replying, she simply turned back and gave me a quick wink. I smiled, amused with her behaviour. A moment later, she disappeared from sight.

A scoff caught my attention and I turned to face Wanda once again, this time seeing her shake her head with a smile that told me something had definitely pissed her off. Instead of ignoring it again, I chose to speak. "Hey, are you okay?" I whispered, placing my hand gently upon her thigh.

She slowly stood up, crossing her arms over her chest. "Fine." She muttered, before leaving the room. I sat there in shock, thinking of all the things I could have possibly done wrong. However, I had no time to dwell on it since my dad began speaking to me again.