{Ch. 12} Games

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! Thank you so much for all the love and support I've recieved on this book so far. I had honestly given up on it, due to over-thinking and assuming it was bad. It's not great, but you guys really seemed to enjoy it and all your comments really make my day, so I'm continuing my writing for you guys. I love you and thank you so so much.

(This chapter is currently unedited, so sorry for any mistakes. Feel free to point them out, it's not rude and I will not be offended)

- - - / - - - / - - - / - - - / - - -

The first night in my cell was probably the loneliest I had ever felt in my life. I was completely used to being alone before. Since I could remember, I'd been on the run with no friends or family. However, it was awful going to sleep knowing I did actually have people to care for - only, I couldn't be with them and half of them believed I was a terrible person.

When I woke up, I was escorted to the bathroom with handcuffs wrapped around my wrists. I was allowed to change into a fresh pair of the same clothes and even shower. However, straight afterwards, they threw me back into my cell with a tray of food.

It was frustrating to follow the same routine over and over again, but I couldn't complain. At least I was still at the Avengers Compound and not in some random federal prison. I still got to see my dad and Wanda, who were both working alongside many others to figure out what actually happened that night.

My new bed was extremely uncomfortable and I barely got any sleep before the beaming lights turned back on at seven in the morning. Again, I couldn't complain and in all honesty, I didn't want to. I was lucky to be here. The bed was something I'd get used to. I'd slept on worse.

Upon hearing the large metal door open, I sat up from where I had been resting. Just as she had promised, Wanda stepped into the room. She was carrying so many different things at the same time. I smiled at the sight alone and stood up, attempting to make myself seem presentable in any way I could.

"Good morning." She greeted, with the biggest smile. My heart melted due to how adorable she was and I found myself mirroring her expression.

"Good morning." I replied, walking over towards the edge of the blue barrier as she did the same. Both of us sat down on our designated sides, Wanda placing down all the things she'd brought with her as I stared at her in complete fascination.

I watched as she grabbed a pillow she had entered with, tucking it under her legs. The floor was hard and I understood why she'd need a pillow. Plus, it did make me excited to think she'd be staying long enough for her to need it.

As well as the pillow, I also noticed she had brought several board games and even a book. I was confused about that. Nothing was allowed to go through the blue barrier unless it was authorised by Director Fury - who definitely wasn't my friend. She knew this, so why would she bring board games?

"Board games?" I questioned, ever so slightly squinting my eyes as I gazed into her beautiful green orbs. Her face was full of excitement and honestly, I believed there was no better sight.

"Yeah. I figured I could just move the pieces for you." She explained, causing a humongous smile to take over my face. That must have seemed so boring to her, but she wanted to do it because she knew it was what I needed. She'd practically be playing by herself, but she didn't seem to care one bit.

"I also brought a book just in case you get bored of games. I can read it to you." She offered, inducing a hurricane of butterflies in my tummy. Could she get any sweeter? "You don't have to do any of it if you don't want to, but I thought it'd be more fun than staring at an empty wall all day."