{Ch. 4} Training

Going shopping with Pepper actually turned out to be one of the most fun things I'd done in a long time. She was very funny and kind, yet driven and sassy. I could tell why Tony liked her. Speaking of Tony, he had specifically given Pepper strict instructions to spoil me. I didn't like spending his money, but I was glad to have everything I needed.

The day actually turned out to be really successful. While I was out with Pepper, we somehow got to talking about my abilities and I told her the main things I can do. I also mentioned how it wasn't always something I could completely control.

Pepper - being the genius she is - recommended I start training with the Avengers. She said it would give me something to do while I was in the compound and meant I could be around people who didn't think I was a freak for what I could do.

She actually called Natasha Romanoff and thankfully, didn't make me talk to her. Did I mention I hate phone calls? Pepper asked Natasha if she and Wanda would be willing to train with me and help me with everything going on.

The mere mention of Wanda's name caused butterflies to erupt in my stomach. Natasha Romanoff was pretty damn hot too, don't get me wrong, but something about Wanda just drew me in.

Natasha agreed pretty quickly and I wondered whether that was due to the fact her and Pepper were friends, or whether it was because her and my dad were friends. Either way, I was happy to finally have training. Pepper told me we'd be in a safe environment and that I could use my powers more so on Wanda, mostly because she could counteract it if anything were to go wrong.

I went home with several bags, all filled to the brim. Pepper had insisted on buying me a new iPhone and Macbook, which I wasn't all that eager about. I tried to stop her from buying me a lot of things, but it seemed there was no preventing it. I was grateful either way.

While we were out, I was also introduced to a man named Happy Hogan. He was nice. Very strange and serious, but nice either way. Apprently, he was the head of security or something. His job seemed pretty important to him.

When we arrived home, I filled my room with all the new things I got (after thanking both Pepper and Tony a thousand times). The billionaire actually ended up stealing my new phone for a little while. I assumed he was upgrading it and didn't mind that much.

A few hours later, my dad came knocking, explaining how Tony had whisked him and Steve over to some abrupt training session. I had a feeling the billionaire did it on purpose, but I tried not to show that to my dad.

He asked where all the new stuff had come from and I lied, telling him Tony surprised me with it all. It was a harmless lie, so I told myself not to feel too bad about it. I could tell Tony was a good guy and he'd never intentionally do anything that would bring harm to anyone, so I wasn't all that worried about whatever it was he had up his sleeve.

I was laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling, when there was a soft knock at the door. I liked to pay attention to little things like how people knocked on doors. To everyone else, it seemed completely irellevant, but I liked to know what was happening before it actually happened.

This knock was gentle. Three delicate taps with the edge of a singluar knuckle. I knew it wasn't my father. His knocks were extremely rough. Plus, it would be weird of him to be knocking on my door when he'd only just left. I realised my father was the only person who had ever actually knocked on that door.

"Come in." I called out, turning my head once the door had opened. Wanda stood there with a confused smile on her face. I continued to stay lying down on the floor, but turned my head to face her. "Hi." I greeted, actually quite happy to see her.