quatre

act one, scene three 

the day wilbur first got into politics was a surprise to everyone. he never showed any interest of such a thing previously. the day he got elected was celebrated with party streamers, wilbur's favorite cake (yellow cake with a lemon, passion fruit butter cream), and a small gathering of friends. he had run against and beaten, quackity, a man who was had a tight bond with dream, the vicious man who ran the server. they have enemies since. 

that was also the day wilbur swore to himself to keep y/n away and hidden from it all. and yet there she was, standing in front of the most dangerous man in all the server. 

"it's now or never," she told herself with a deep breath. 

her confident stride towards the entrance was broken by the security guard standing at the door. 

"hault!" he demanded, "name." 

"um." 

how stupid could i have been to not remember there was a guest list!!, y/n thought. 

"jessica there you are!" a voice came from behind the guard. the masked man stalked over to y/n's side, "you've kept me waiting for far too long!" 

"sorry..." y/n muttered. 

"you know this girl sir?" the guard raised an eyebrow. 

"do i know this girl?" the man chuckled, slinging his arm round her shoulder, "i've known this girl since we were in diapers!" 

"then pardon me for asking..but why isn't she on the guest list?" 

oh no, y/n thought, this was it. 

"i didn't know she was in town until this morning," the man lied, "much too late to change the guest list don't you think?" 

"yes but-" 

"now if you'll excuse me, jess and i have some catching up to get too," the man interrupted, pushing the pair of them into the castle. 

"sir i can't thank you enough!" y/n exclaimed, once at of ear shot. 

"now would you mind telling me why you are crashing my ball?" the man removed his arm from her shoulder. 

it clicked in y/n's brain and her eyes widened. the man who had helped her was dream

most people would find her silly to not recognize the most powerful man on the server, i mean how could you not with his iconic smiley face mask!? but the image of dream was only built by the stories of her brothers. 

"i'm so sorry sir!" y/n fell down to her knees, "i had no idea! if you choose to kill me please do so quickly." 

"i do not choose to kill you," he laughed, "i would just like to know why your crashing my ball." 

"a-a friend invited me!" y/n scrambled for words. 

"a friend?" dream raised an eyebrow.

"yes er-badboyhalo. i think he just didn't know there was a guest list either," y/n covered. 

"i'm sorry to tell you bad could not make it tonight. he seems to have caught the flu." 

"oh!" y/n said a little to excitedly, "if that's so i should get going now!" 

"wait!" dream yelled and y/n froze. 

"yes dream?" 

"i think after all since i saved your ass i should at least get something in return," dream smirked and y/n's face shriveled into disgust. 

"no-no-no! not like that. although..." 

"dream!" 

"alright, alright!" he surrendered, "i meant a dance." 

"a dance?" 

"a dance," he repeated. 

y/n's eyes danced from the door to the man standing in front of her. "one dance couldn't hurt, i suppose.