trente six

act two, scene thirteen

after the hectic start, christmas day was the most peaceful in a while. dream and y/n spent hours catching up in the fire light,set by philza. dream found himself twice an hour, dodging the glares of tommy or wilbur who traded out the job of walking in with the excuse, "i forgot something."

overall it was the highest y/n had felt in a while, nibbling on carly's famous cookies whilst cuddled into dream's arms.

she exchanged presents with her family and carly. of course due to the circumstances, their usual grand presents weren't as grand, but it was more special than it had ever been.
from her father, y/n received three crystals: amethyst, obsidian, and aventurine. technoblade gave her a dagger, from tommy a tote back which he sloppily applied paint to form mushrooms (which resembled more  of a baseball), and niki baked her a cherry gallete and a homemade peanut butter body butter . wilbur gifted the new kristin cashore book, y/n broke down in his arms as she was told how he snuck into lmanburg to collect the book from the shop for her.

after a delicious dinner of rabbit stew and bread rolls cooked by carly, dream pulled y/n aside to give her his gift.

"hi," y/n giggled as she was lifted up into his arms, so they could bump noses. he gave it a quick kiss before setting her down.

"i got you something," dream told her.
"oh yeah?" she perked up.

from his pocket, dream pulled a plastic band. "it's a touch bracelet," he explained, "it becomes triggered by yours or my touch, making the other glow, so we are always with each other."

before she could speak he continued, "i know it's childish..i'm just terrified of being separated again."

y/n grabbed his hand, "it's a lovely present, not stupid."

"terra helped me come up with it," he mumbled.

"smart girl," she said.

dream agreed, "yeah..always bringing us together."

neither of them knew who initiated it, but their lips were pressed together, wrapped in one another. but that didn't matter. nothing mattered except for the fact they were in each other's arms again. and there was no place they would rather be.

p.s

-ik i said i'd update more often, but i got lazy el oh el

-ik it's short, but it's something so shush>:(

-i've been watching 067 edits for the past hour

-i carved a harry styles pumpkin last night 🤪🤪

-any offers to feed my grandpa sweaters collection??

i love you.