trente et un

act two, scene eight 

"we should get some food in you," techno told y/n, "you haven't eaten in quite awhile." 

"okay," y/n sighed. while her stomach bubbled with hunger all that she really craved was more time with techno. they sat speaking and catching up for four hours making up for their lost time. 

techno led her to the portion of the cave they claimed the kitchen. while it lacked real kitchen materials it had a chest for storage of food, several fireplaces for cooking, and a dusty leaky cauldron that held water. it was nothing fancy, but something they could live off of. 

in the center of the room there was a large rock which y/n presumed was used as a table surrounded by several smaller rocks where wilbur sat, frustratedly scanning through a stack of papers. upon y/n's arrival, wilbur glanced up at her with burning eyes of disgust. he scoffed, gathering his papers and walking out of the room. 

"is he ever going to forgive me?" y/n sighed. 

but instead of techno a feminine voice answered, "he will. it will just take time." 

"carly!" y/n cheered, embracing the ravenette. 

as they parted y/n's eyes followed down bulging at her five month protruding belly. 

"holy shit!" y/n cried, "your huge." 

"thanks," carly rolled her eyes.

"i didn't mean it like-" 

"i know," carly laughed. 

"oh okay..so i assume you've told wilbur then?" 

"no he thinks i've just laid on the cookies," carly smacked her best friend's head at her idiocy, "of course i have!" 

"how did he react?" y/n inquired, "if he reacted anything other than supportive i will smack-" 

"he reacted well actually," carly cut her off, "he's quite anxious with everything in all, but i think under that he is excited. no where near as excited as tommy though. the kid was bouncing off the walls when i told him." 

y/n grinned, "that's tommy for ya." 

"sit, sit," carly demanded and y/n obliged. 

"would you like something to eat?" she offered. 

"yes," techno answered for her. y/n glared at him and he smirked. she was going to answer that herself, she hated when others answered for her. 

y/n made conversation with techno about their father's safety back in l'manburg, more on what techno had been up to, and the pranks they played as children while carly busied herself in the kitchen. 

"here we are," carly laid a plate of mutton and potatoes in front of the girl, "i know i'm more of a baker, but i hope you like it." 

with her teeth y/n tore a charred bit of the meat revealing the pink inside, "it's great, carls! thank you." 

carly flushed slightly, taking a seat next to her. "so how was your time with schlatt. he didn't treat you too horribly..did he?" 

"do you remember the election party? well he-" 

her voice was interrupted by her younger brother's footsteps. tommy's eyes narrowed as they landed on his sister, spitting, "what the hell is she doing here?" 

"well tommy if i recall it was you who dragged me here," y/n said. 

"i saved you!" 

"and yet i'm still a prisoner!" 

for a few moments tommy sputtered for a defense before shaking his head and walking off, "your an ungrateful brat."

y/n glared at her food before getting up as well, "excuse me, but i lost my appetite." 

*** 

terra impatiently knocked at her brother's bedroom door. for the past month he spent most of his days out never detailing to anyone in the house where. he arrived back home last night with no explanation of where he had been and hadn't left his room since. 

"clay open up," terra demanded. 

the door tore open revealing dream. while he was wearing pajamas the black bags under his eyes told her he hadn't slept at all.

"what do you want?" dream glared. 

"i made you a muffin," terra shoved the plate into his hands. 

"cool," dream said dryly, pushing the door to a close. but before it could close all the way terra crammed her foot in the door. 

"terra," he growled a warning, but she ignored him and kicked it open. 

"leave or i'll put you in time out," dream told her as she sat on his bed. 

"i'm fourteen not five," terra crossed her arms, "and i won't leave until you tell me what's going on." 

"well your acting like a five year old," dream approached her angrily, looping his arms under hers and lifting her off the bed. she let out a squeal as she was gently put on the floor. dream was frustrated, but he would never hurt his sister. 

"leave now." 

"no," terra held her ground. 

"leave or your grounded." 

"you never let me leave the house anyways," terra rolled her eyes, "i'm not leaving until you tell me what's going on." 

dream stayed silent. 

"what did you confess your love to y/n or something?" 

dream's head snapped around. 

"oh so it is about y/n!" 

"i have and will never love something like her," dream hissed, "you understand?" 

"what did you do?" terra persisted. 

"what makes you think i was the one who did something?!" dream exclaimed defensively. 

"because you always are! so what the fuck did you do?" 

"watch your language," dream narrowed his eyes, "and for your information it was y/n who messed up. she lied about who she was, who her family was!" 

"well you fell in love with y/n not her family, right?" 

"i do not love her," dream stamped his feet like a toddler. 

terra ignored him, "so why does it matter?" 

dream stayed silent. 

"well if you ever want to see her again i suggest you do something quick," terra advised, storming out the door, "and eat your muffin i worked hard on that." 

dream collapsed on his chair coming to the conclusion that he fucked up. but he spent no time wallowing over his mistake rather formulating a plan on what he would do about it. 

p.s 

-only thing stopping me from not offing myself is how embarrassing it would be to live again🙈🙈

-but on a happy note i posted this message two months ago: "im still so shocked at how fast we hit 1k on my dreamwastaken book..thank you:,)" and now we are at 100k:DD ily all sm, thank you<33 

-how is summer almost over?:( 

i love you.