vingt-trois

act one, scene twenty-two

tw: talk of rape (not really that vivid more like the aftermath, but if you can't deal with that skip until you see the '***')

y/n was awake for many hours before she finally got out of bed. she felt strapped and weighted down. it was a new feeling she had never feel before that no words could reach.

"knock knock," philza sang outside her door.

"come in," she croaked.

the door swung open, presenting her cheery father holding a tray of oatmeal and assorted fruits.

"it's the big day, so eat up," philza instructed, placing the tray in front of her.

she had eaten in nearly a day, but looking down at the bowl of gray mush she wanted to puke.

"go on."

slowly and hesitantly y/n brought the spoon to her mouth. it hurt to swallow.  oatmeal was one of her favorites, but in that moment the once sweet treat tasted metallic.

"hey you okay?" philza asked, concerned.

she so badly wanted to tell him. the words were on the edge of her tongue, but they wouldn't slip off. she didn't know why she was so resistant to telling him. there was a heavy coat of guilt that he would be angry with her for not preventing the events that played. she knew this would never happen and in fact the guilt was really tied to herself.

so instead she replied, "m'just not super hungry."

"why don't you take a shower then? you stink," philza joked.

y/n weakly laughed before stumbling over to the bathroom across the haul.

as she undressed herself for the shower her eyes became trapped in her mirror. her naked body reflected back at her. her naked body that he touched.

sighing, she entered herself into the steam of the shower. the hot water stung in the places he groped her. she bid herself to not close her eyes because everytime she did she could feel his hands.

y/n stayed into the shower until the water ran cold. she was scared to leave, to face her family.

when she walked downstairs everyone was at the breakfast table. wilbur and fundy had come over to.

"nice shower?" tommy teases, tearing into his croissant. but confusion came to him when he caught sight of his sister. her skin was paler than her normal y/s/c, (your skin color because everyone has different and beautiful tones) her eyes were droopy and puffed; she looked dead. they were in the same room, but felt universes apart.

"you alright?" tommy whispered to her.

"i'm just nervous," y/n lied.

tommy said nothing else. either he believed her or decided to leave her alone.

y/n zoned out of the conversation on the election edging close within the next few hours. the election was the furthest of her worries from that moment.

***

y/n sat with her dad, fundy, and carly in the front row. tommy and wilbur had to be on stage along with the opposing party's heads.

y/n briefly caught schlatt's eye who winked at her. she turned away quickly.

sam gently tapped the microphone before speaking, "hello everybody!!"

there was a loud roar of cheers.

"glad to see your excited," sam chuckled, "now in this piece of paper i hold the fate of our country for the next four years..shall we open it?"

there was a loud cry of yeses.

"okay then," he nodded ripping open the paper.

"the votes are; the red party swag2020 with 32%, the third party jschlatt 2020 with 18%, and the blue party pog2020 with 49%," sam announced.

tommy cheered while wilbur looked horrified. confused, y/n glanced between the two brothers with confusion at the variety in their expressions. but then she realized.

"we won! we won!" tommy cried.

but wilbur held him back, "be quiet tommy."

"however," sam continued, "with the partnership between swag2020 and jschlatt2020 it seems that they have one by 1%."

"what?" tommy shrieked, "that can't be allowed."

sam shook his head, "sorry tommy, i don't make the rules."

"but they can't just decide that out of the blue?!" tommy exclaimed.

"they didn't tommy," wilbur admitted, "they told us their plan.."

schlatt laughed, "that's right. you idiots knew all along and carried on saying how'd you win."

"but-but-but," tommy stammered.

"go sit down tommy," schlatt ordered.

tommy crossed his arms, "no i don't think i will."

"i wouldn't challenge your president like that, tommy," schlatt warned.

"sit down," wilbur hissed in the boy's ear, yanking him down.

"now as my first decree as your president," schlatt began, "is to ban wilbur and tommy watson from this land."

the brothers stood up abruptly as they quickly became surrounded by guards. philza was quick to leap on the stage, pulling out his sword of iron.

he gritted his teeth, "do it, i dare."

the guards backed off, allowing an escape for the three men. they ran quickly away, y/n close behind.

she must have been too slow as she want pulled back into a man's hold.

the last she remembered was screaming her brother's and dad's names before the world went black.