vingt

act one, scene nineteen 

"i just don't understand why your forcing me to go!" y/n angrily spoke, shoveling spoonfuls of reeces puffs into her mouth. 

"because your my god damn campaign manager," wilbur slammed his hand on the table, "it would look bad if you weren't there. i promise i will make sure schlatt won't as much go near you and when i'm not there to protect you, tommy will be right by your side." 

but there were two people y/n dreaded seeing. schlatt and dream. 

"you don't get to make these decisions for me! i'm nineteen and your not my dad," she exclaimed. 

both of there heads snapped to philza who sat at the head of the table, calmly humming and eating his oatmeal. 

philza pointed his spoon at his daughter, speaking firmly, "your going. that's final." 

wilbur's smirk faded as y/n rolled her eyes, storming off. he turned to his father, "i don't understand why you let her throw temper tantrums..she's nineteen." 

"but you must understand she is nineteen," philza said, "she nor tommy should not have to be involved in this whole politics shabang." 

"yeah, yeah, yeah," wilbur rolled his eyes. but while the word thank you rarely passed through his lips, he was truly grateful for those two siblings. he would never admit it, but without them he might not have been alive. through it all, they were his sanity. 

*** 

over the course of the hours leading up to the primary voting were awkward . y/n and wilbur were putting in much effort to ignore one another. it was only outside the building were the event would soon be held when they spoke again. 

"you'll be alright. you most likely won't even interact with schlatt," wilbur reassured, icily shivering at the name.

y/n nodded, sensing his nerves, "you'll do great." 

wilbur laughed, "i don't even have to do anything, but stand on stage as it gets announced and i still feel like i fucking snorted cotton candy." 

y/n cracked a small smile, hooking arms with her brother and entering the building. 

as soon as she took her first steps in, y/n's confident composure shattered, her body racking with nerves. she anxiously scanned the room for the two men she was avoiding. neither came to her search. 

sam walked forward on the stage, tapping the mic, "hello? hello? can you guys here me?" 

a cheer from the crowd answered his question. he smiled, "alright then let's begin." 

"welcome citizen's of l'manburg," he stretched his arms out big, "to the presidential primaries." 

"today we have four parties running for the chance of being president, but after today, with the announcements of your votes, we will only have two." 

the crowd let out an array of ooos as sam continued, "now without further ado..let us have the voting announced!" 

before any more words were spoke the door banged open. in walked schlatt, standing tall, face smug. 

"before you begin sam i would like to make a quick announcement," schlatt said. 

sam blinked at him, shying in fear and embarrassment of the memories of schlatt stuffing him in lockers in high school. 

"right then," schlatt shooed him away from the microphone, "as some of you may remember my name is jonathan schlatt...today i have come here to announce my partnering of the swag2020 party with none other than quackity!" 

"um..i-i don't-t think that's quite..quite allowed," sam tripped over his words. 

"really sammy?" schlatt teased. 

"well i s'pose it could be," sam surrendered. 

but a loud cry came from the audience. tommy

"sam you can't allow this," he spat, standing up in his chair, "this is unfair." 

"sit down tommy," wilbur warned from the stage. 

through the midst of the chaos y/n realized something..something very important. if schlatt was here, then dream could be to. sure enough, the masked man leaned against the front door. 

what the hell was she supposed to do? she couldn't stay at the risk of being discovered and couldn't leave because dream was practically guarding the front door. she was trapped. 

in a nervous scan of the room a knight stand caught her eye. she had an escape! slowly and quietly sneaking over to her prized possession, she removed the helmet from it's head, placing it on her own. 

she left the building without dream giving her another glance. 

she had saved herself from dream discovering her identity, but really she was only buying herself time. 

p.s 

-i'm out of school now which is pog !! and you know what else is pog!? 6k reads:DDD thank you<33 

-on monday i'm going on a road trip for two weeks. depending on the internet and how much my family is pissing me off idk how much i'll be able to update :/ 

-also i just realized i never mentioned this before: i do not support schlatt or fundy. and while they are important characters of the book they are c-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r-s. so there:) 

-on a happier note i have recently come out to a lot of my friends as bisexual and they have all supported me:))

-share, vote, comment, follow 

i love you<3