dix-nuef

act one, scene eighteen 

y/n felt sick. 

seeing his face made her want to puke after all the pain he caused through her years. her knees buckled, willing her to the ground. with much effort she held her stand, though it was weak. 

"it's been a while hasn't it?" schlatt, approached her nonchalantly. 

"get the hell away from my sister, schlatt," wilbur growled. 

waving him off, the man walked closer to the frightened girl, brushing a hair from her eyes, "no why is it you don't look happy to see me..hm?" 

tommy spoke up, "maybe because you were a shit boyfriend." 

when she was a teenager y/n could close her eyes and pretend, pretend she had a utopian boyfriend. but no matter how hard she closed her eyes, reality remained. 

years after she could finally admit to herself the truth. all those nights on the bathroom floor. rocking on her knees, y/n attempted (and failed) to calm a drunk schlatt, swinging around brown bottles of crushed spirits. with her maturity y/n could admit that while she was in love with him, what they had was not love. not in the slightest, not at all. 

but there was a part of her at times where she was able to miss him. she despised the emotion and yet it did not go away. 

"what the hell are you doing here johnny," y/n spoke through gritted teeth. 

schlatt raised an eyebrow at the change of tone, "had a sudden confidence boost and s-s-stopped s-s-stuttering?" 

y/n held her ground, "what are you doing in my home?" 

"well," he clapped, "now that the whole family is here i s'pose i can make my big announcement..i'm running for the l'manburg presidency against you all..and once i win your land will be mine and i have power of all of you." 

"but it's much to late to join the election," tommy looked at wilbur to confirm his statement. 

wilbur nodded in agreement, "tommy's right schlatt..you can't run." 

jschlatt smirked, "oh but i can...you must have forgotten i like to pull things out of my sleeves." 

"i'll see you tomorrow at the primaries voting," schlatt hummed. 

before he left he whispered in y/n's ear, "it's been nice seeing you again, y/n." 

once the door closed, y/n's legs finally defrosted, collapsing to the floor on her knees. tommy sat on the couch, mouth open in an o while wilbur gently approached her. 

massaging circles on her shoulder, wilbur gently said, "hey..i'm proud of you." 

y/n looked up at him, "how come?" 

wilbur gave her a lopsided smile, "for being brave." 

with that he left the room, leaving y/n with her thoughts of what schlatt's plan was and how dream was involved. 

p.s 

-if you didn't read my a/n (later deleted) i changed niki to an oc carly because i didn't want to cross her's and wilbur's boundries. carly still holds the same character niki does. i changed nothing, but the name. 

-sorry it took so long to get an update out, my grandmother's visiting. 

-thank you for 5k reads!!! i didn't even have time to thank you for 3 and 4k. 

i love you.