dix

act one, scene nine

tommy walked into the kitchen as y/n poured herself a serving of lucky charms into her bowl. all of the watson's had their own bowls with their names and animals. y/n was written in periwinkle cursive with a butterfly, gentle wings in a darker shade of blue gently graced the edges. but she instead ate from a different bowl of a pig and pink in-scripted letters; technoblade. y/n refused to let it gather dust.

"hey," y/n said in a bright, singsong tone.

"hi," tommy replied, energy not matching hers. she could not read weather it was sleepy or glum.

"want some juice?" y/n offered.

"i can get it myself," he shrugged, pouring milk into his own bowl of coco krispies.

y/n frowned at his dryness, "if you want."

the whole breakfast tommy kept sneaking glances at y/n, frustration tickling and teasing her soul.

"i'll be off then," tommy nodded, "gotta go to work."

"tommy?" y/n said loudly.

he pivoted around from the door, "yeah?"

y/n chewed the inside of her lip, "are we good?"

"um of course..and uh i'm sorry for last nights freak out," tommy apologized awkwardly.

so that was it! tommy was embarrassed.

"it's like you said tom tom; it's okay to be scared sometimes."

"yeah.." tommy remained silent, trying to gain the confidence to speak his next strand of words, "and y/n?"

"hm?"

"i am grateful to dream and all for saving your life and everything, but maybe.." tommy winced not wanting to sound possessive, "could you maybe not spy anymore. i know it was only once! and that the second time was because of something else, but i just don't want to risk you around dream anymore."

y/n had no intentions of spying anymore, in her mind there was nothing to spy for. but she also promised to dream she would continue seeing terra and saw not visions of how she could avoid dream in that situation. but tommy didn't have to know that.

"okay, tommy. i promise."

***

the bell of carly's bakery rang, notifying her of the presence of a new customer.

"i'll be with you in a minute," her soft, velvet voice said. her eyes looked up to get a sneak peak at the scene she would be about to deal with, gasping at the sight of her previously missing friend.

"y/n!" she cried, dropping her piping bag and rushing to the laughing girl. she embraced her tightly, not letting go of their hold until she did.

"i'm so sorry," carly murmured into her shoulder, "i shouldn't have let you go, so i could go on some silly date."

"it's fine carly. and how was your silly date?" y/n wiggled her eyebrows.

"lovely actually," carly gushed, "he took me to this beautiful restaurant with all these rose bushes. they had those most divine steak and we split a bottle of red wine."

"good," y/n propped herself up on the counter, "i didn't almost die for you to not give me nieces and nephews."

"not anytime in the future," carly laughed.

"but in the future?"

carly threw a kitchen towel over her face, "oh shut up!"

y/n awkwardly cleared her throat. she knew they had to talk about it. "and um on the topic of wilbur..how exactly did he react when I was missing?"

carly winced, "not well. he sent out the whole l'manburg government to search for you."

"oh goodness," y/n sighed. she knew she had to see him soon, he's her brother! she just wasn't looking forward to it.

"where were you exactly?" carly asked.

y/n bit her lip, "promise not to tell wilbur?"

carly nodded eagerly.

"dreams."

"WHAT-"

"shhh," y/n hissed.

"sorry..what!?" carly whisper shouted, "you were at dream's? your brothers' arch nemesis! did you sleep in his bed?!"

"no," y/n cried.

"well does tommy know?"

"yes."

"how did he take it?" carly inquired.

"not the best," y/n admitted, "made me promise to never see him again."

"well good, i agree with him."

"carly!" y/n scolded.

"what?" she crossed her arms, "he's dangerous, he's a bad person."

"have you met him?" y/n quizzed.

"nuh-no..but-"

"exactly," y/n snapped, "you two are being dramatic. and besides i'm breaking my promise to tommy."

"how come?"

"well since dream saved my life i agreed to visit his little sister once in a while."

"dream has a little sister!?" carly exclaimed.

"yup!" y/n popped her p, "quite a cute one actually."

"unlike her brother," carly grumbled. 

y/n gave her a pointed look and carly raised her arms in surrender, "sorry, sorry!" 

y/n nodded slowly, the two sat in a silence. not an awkward one, a comfortable one. then y/n turned cheekily to carly, "so tell me more about your date with wilbur."