onze

act one, scene ten

it was a week after y/n returned home when she decided to visit terra.

"where are you going?" tommy halted her at the door, suspiciously.

"to carly's," y/n replied casually. lies, lies, lies.

"but it's sunday night dinner," her father frowned, "and you promised you would help me with the lasagna."

"maybe next week," y/n shrugged.

"you can't avoid wilbur forever," tommy spoke.

"i'm not," y/n rolled her eyes, "i'll be back for dinner and see him then."

"alright then," philza sighed. though he would never admit to it he had felt distant from his little girl recently. maybe because she wasn't so little anymore. but no matter there relation he still gave her a smile. "go on and leave your old man and go have some fun."

***

the door ripped open before y/n even had the chance to knock.

"y/n!" terra cried, embracing the girl in a hug, "ugh i've missed you. i can't believe your back!"

"i promised i would, wouldn't i?" y/n giggled.

"c'mon," she dragged her, "let's go bake a cake!"

***

the cake could have been better if carly had done it, but it was still edible..somewhat edible.

"woah what's with all the smoke?" a man spoke. behind his figure y/n could make out dream's height and mask.

"we're baking a cake nicholas," terra crossed her arms.

the man hummed, "doesn't look very much like a cake."

"your sapnap right?" y/n quizzed.

"that'd be me. and you are?" he left his words circled in the air for the nineteen year old to finish, but terra beat her to replying.

"she's y/n, your sapnap. introductions done?" not waiting for a response from the adults she continued, "good. now scram."

"watch your tone," dream warned, she rolled her eyes in response.

"aren't you being a teenager today, tearbear?" dream chuckled, tossing her hair.

"i told you to stop calling me that," she grumbled, "i'm not five."

"oh so your y/n," sapnap grinned goofily, "the one clay-"

"okay then!" dream said loudly, "we'll leaving you to your girl's day."

once sapnap was pushed out the kitchen, dream turned back around winking at y/n, "nice to see you again, love."

"nice to see you again, too," y/n whispered. but he was already gone.

***

"i'm home!" y/n sang out to the cabin.

philza entered the living room, fundy at his hip, "look who it's is fundy!"

"put me down," he demanded. philza obliged, the five year old running to his aunt's arms.

"fundy!" y/n cried, "i've missed you squirt."

"hey y/n.." wilbur said quietly from the doorway.

"hey wilby," y/n smiled softly.

"fundy can i borrow some time with auntie y/n?" wilbur gently asked his son, "you can go get yourself a popsicle."

"okay!" he exclaimed, stumbling out of the room excitedly, "ooh! i'm gonna get a blackberry one." 

they were silent for a few moments. y/n braced herself for his yells to follow. but they never came.

he wrapped her into the comfort of his chest, "i've missed you."

"i've missed you too..."

but not in the way he missed her. she missed moments like these with her brother...moments where  he was her brother 

p.s 

-sorry for not updating for a few days. i normally write them out in study hall, but me and my bsf were determined to complete fire boy water girl. and ya know homies before the whores. 

-constructive critisim is always appreciated, but be careful because i'm a sensitive lil baka🥺🥺🥺(IF I EVER USE THAT EMOJI AGAIN PLS CHECK IN ON ME) 

-story: my friend brought raw pasta for lunch today. end of story. 

-i have the pssat tomorrow so wish me luck:DD 

-share, vote, comment, follow or i'll steal all of your spoons 

i love you.