Do I trust you?

A knocking on the bathroom's door made your breath hitch, "Y/n darling is everything ok in there? It's been a while and I came to check if you had fallen in the toilet or something!" a faint pre-recorded laugh track came from the other side of the door, it was Alastor, and your cheeks were still stained by tears.

"No no I'm fine" you lied, drying them up with your inner arm, "I'll be right there! Just give me a few more minutes" your voice failed you and a small crack slipped through, you cursed mentally.

You were never good at lying either way

"Thanks for the support...and you still haven't answered" you aggressively whispered, quickly washing your face to hide the signs of crying from under your eyes.

Sorry... You know Lucifer's spell won't make you hear it either way...

Y/n sighed and opened the door,  flinching backwards as Alastor was standing right outside of it, towering down on your smaller figure, "Are you sure you are ok darling? I don't see a smile on that pretty face of yours... so I presume you lied to me?" he tilted his head, you looked down and lowered your head between your shoulders, "Would you... Be less mad at me if I told you why I lied?" he startled you again by erupting in a burst of laughter, "I wasn't mad at you in the first place my dear! But yes! Tell me what caused that pretty smile of yours to turn upside down!"

You shifted awkwardly... there was no going back now, wasn't there?

"I... " you couldn't hold his gaze, so you looked elsewhere, "I don't know if I want to remember..." the only reply you got was a short metal screech, "I don't know if I liked my life before...I don't know if the relationship with you all was the same as now... I don't even know if I was happy-" your rant was cut short by his hands squeezing your shoulders, you could see a hint of sadness in the back of his eyes, "Darling I... I understand perfectly your concerns but... would you believe me if I told you the life you conducted until now was extremely similar to the one you had before you forgot?" 

Good, question... did you trust Alastor? ...

Y/n couldn't bring herself to say no... after all, you... 

You...

...

You couldn't pinpoint what you wanted to say.

Y/n nodded, and without thinking, she closed the distance between her and Alastor, hugging him tightly, he froze, shocked at the gesture, you were waiting for him to pat you in the back and move you at arm's length from him, to move you away...

But he never did

Instead, he hugged you back, you could feel the tenseness in his body melt away... you must have been a blushing mess right about now.

After what felt like an eternity, yet too short, he broke the silence, "I have talked to Lucifer, he assured me he will give you your memories back, he realized that you didn't see the content of the book so he's fine with reverting his spell... Let's not make him wait" he let go of you back and the cold air hit twice as hard, his warmth was... 

He offered you his hand and you took it, why were you thinking about him like this... when did you...

When did you catch feelings for him? 

The voice inside you chucked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The devil stood in front of you, everyone else made something that looked like a circle around you, Alastor was to your direct right.