But you can't fool me

A-Alastor? Jealous? Of m-me? What?!
You were freaking out, mostly in confusion as Alastor made his way to the door labelled: Manager's office, of course, dragging you along.

He knocked on the door and a muffled familiar "Come in!" Replied.

Entering the studio, there was a big wooden desk covered in papers. You couldn't say it was messy, but saying that is was tidy was exaggerating.

Behind it, sat Charlie, busy signing some documents.
"Ah, so you actually came!" She looked up and seemed surprised as she noticed you behind Alastor's tall form. "So you do wish to help?" She placed down the pen and stacked the papers on an unoccupied corner of the desk.

You nodded, moving from behind Alastor, to next to him. 

"Yes, your highness! Y/n would like to help the hotel! but it is better if her task would be in the main lobby or with any of us to avoid the unpleasant situation of letting her alone with another demon!" Charlie nodded in agreement and stood up to get a folder from the shelves to her right.

"Yes, of course...so... let's see what can I give you..." Charlie with her finger went down the pages.

"Alright! This is perfect for you!" The princess exclaimed, smiling widely.
"The bar in the lobby isn't very used by day, but in the afternoon, it gets a lot more lively! Husk stays behind the counter all the time so someone always has to go out their way and clean the tables, but it would be amazing if someone stationery did it! So it should be ok for you to do! Yes, after four pm the bar is open to the public but Husk can keep an eye on you! What do you think?"

So your job is... a waiter? Huh...Charlie never gave-... that job before...

You were getting used to the voice cutting off... so you just accepted the fact that you weren't going to know what she said.

"I like it! It's a safe job and ill be always nearby Husk, so there is nothing to worry!" Charlie smiled at your enthusiasm, took a pen and scribbled something of the folder, then she added:
"It sounds good! Doesn't it Alastor?" She didn't look up nor waited for a reply but Alastor's looked down.

He doesn't like that ... oh poor deer...

What? How could she tell? His face didn't change at all!
Just as if she heard your thoughts, she explained:

The corner of his smile is different when he's not happy, plus, look at his eyes! Don't tell me you don't see that they changed a bit

How did she know? And the changes she was talking about were almost invisible!

Without you realising, the world around you slowly faded away as a memory kicked in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, did I make you wait long?"
You were out of breath as you ran to arrive at the restaurant you and Alastor had an appointment to, you were ten minutes late thanks to a demon you knew that blocked you in a never-ending conversation on the way here.

"Not at all dear, funny enough" You entered and asked the waiter for your reserved table "I arrived not too long ago myself".
Alastor? Late? Is the world spinning in the wrong direction? Is the apocalypse coming?
That was not normal, meaning someone made him run late and probably ruined his mood, he didn't mind if someone was late of a few minutes... but he hated when himself was late.

You both sat down and you were determined to resolve the mystery.
"Did something happened?"
Your head dropped to the side, a concerned look on your face.
He sighed.
"An ungrateful demon withheld me from leaving and it caused me to arrive late..." he looked down
"But it is in the past now!" his mood changed so quickly it was a miracle you didn't fall off the chair.
"Now, how was your day my angel?"

He was changing the subject, something definitely happened.

"Al" you took his hands in yours, he was stiff, probably surprised by the sudden movement.
"I can tell something happened and it's bothering you, cmon tell me." You insisted, he resisted "O-Oh my dear!" His eyes looked everywhere but you. "It is cute to know that you are worried about me, b-but there is no need to!"
When he finally gathered the courage to look at you, your face not surprised, he surrenders, his deer ears flatted down.

"Alastor, my deer, you can fool hell with that smile of yours, but you can't fool me." You caressed his hands with your thumbs. "You can tell me what you are going trough, ill always be here to listen to you, and I will never judge you"

You cupped his face with one hand, he leaned into it at first, but as he remembers you were in public, he instantly took your hand and placed it back on the table, you giggled.

" I will narrate to you what happened...If you insist, my dear~" 
His tone got a lot deeper at the end of the sentence, staring deeply in your eyes.

You blushed a little as he started explaining to you what had happened to him in the past two hours...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So! Are you ok with Husk?"

You found yourself back at the bar, Husk was, as always, sipping on some cheap booze behind the counter.

"Yeah sure, I'll keep an eye on her" He said while rolling his eyes. Alastor was standing silently behind you, probably smiling threateningly at Husk to agree.

"Ok! It's almost time to open the bar to the public!" Charlie said in excitement "Y/n, I recommend you to go put an apron on and try to have less contact with demons as possible, you just have to clean the tables after the leave" She explained, you replied nodding.
"Have fun you two!" Charlie waved and disappeared in the lobby, Alastor was about to do the same until...

"STOP FOLLOWING ME!" Angel dust appeared from the main door, yelling at whoever was behind him, catching everyone's attention.

"Oh Angel, my dear, why are you ashamed of taking you beloved boss in this pathetic hotel?"

As the sight of another spider looking demon, both Alastor and the voice said at the same time his name:

Valentino...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n:

Ladies and gentlemen's, I present to you Valentino!
Yup, I thought Val was a snake! Thanks to a loyal reader tho I am able to fix this, so if you have already read this before, nothing really changed don't worry :)

Also, THE FLASHBACKS ARE BACK!!!!!!!
I didn't write one of them in a long time so I was like, why not.

SOOOOOO yeah, I, once again, was supposed to write something and got carried away so now I need to make another chapter about what I was going to write in this one, I hope you guys are happy.

And, once again, I'm here finishing this on Saturday, because I gave priority to the one-shot book, yay.

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter, and I wish you a good day/night!

*inhales*
BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

-Gost UwU