Much needed silence

The hotel lobby was lively:
Vaggie was at the front desk signing in a few demons, Nifty was swiftly dusting shelves left, right and centre.
At the end of the room was Husk, as always behind the counter, fidgeting with some cards.
Charlie and Angel Dust were nowhere in sight.

Alastor headed directly to a door labelled "Staff Only", leaving you in the same spot he teleported you to.
Some eyes fell on you, probably because you arrived side by side with the infamous "Radio demon", you smirked.
Alastor was indeed a genius, hiding in plain sight he said? This worked out perfectly.

Vaggie finished to sign in the demons so you headed towards her:
"Hey Vaggie! Good morning!"
At the sound of your voice, she turned to face you, her eyes were widened in shock.
"Good- Y/N?! YOU ARE BACK?!"
Her reaction gained the attention of many in the lobby.

Shoot, you forgot the fact that she didn't know about the whole costume thing.

"Wait! I can explain! Let's go somewhere more private"
You calmed her down and took her hand, dragging her to the bar.

Husk almost spilt his booze as he saw you, you bring your finger to your mouth, telling him to don't say a word.
As you settled on one of the seats at the counter, you explained what was going on, Vaggie's face had a smile on it, instead, Husk's smile died down.

"I still don't agree with letting you roam free in hell alone, you may have the appearance of a demon, but you don't have the power of one. If you want to go out, one of us has to be with you. "

You nodded, comprehending completely.

I mean... going around with someone is still better than being stuck in a mansion all day

"Ta-Daa!"
Alastor gestured towards you, Charlie, who was behind him squealed in happiness and ran towards you.

"You look exactly how you used to! That is amazing Alastor!" He smiled proudly.

Charlie and Alastor joined you, sitting on the high stools at the counter.

"So, I have gathered a few pieces of information" Charlie started, Nifty joined you after realising your presence.
"Humans in hell are impossible to find, mostly because they are hiding, but it is not uncommon for them to be here"

What did she mean?

"Humans are not allowed here, but they get here trough a bug in the system:
When being judged, there could be some argues between the two who judges, one says that they should go to heaven, the other says the opposite.
When this happens, there is a third judge that gives the last verdict. But sometimes, one doesn't wait for the final world and sends the souls where they think it should go."

Everyone was silently listening.
You weren't surprised about judges disagreeing, but it still seemed weird... They were supposed to be angels...right?

"But when the third judge says they should have gone to the other side" Charlie continued, "a complicated system activates, trying to get the soul to their correct place.
Its easier to get someone from heaven to hell, but the other way around is waaay more complicated, and it frequently fails. The procedure is simple:
the demon gets turned into a human and their memories get erased and they get sent to heaven, it usually happens when they are asleep.
If it fails, they still turn into a human and forgets everything about hell, the only difference is that they don't go to heaven, they get stuck here.

Usually, its a matter of a few weeks until they are finally able to get the human to heaven if they haven't died while waiting that is... So it's very likely that Y/n will get teleported out of hell soon..."