Everything's unexpected

The rest of the day was quite normal:
You took a shower since the smell of blood and dead animals impregnated both your clothes and hairs.
While the hot steaming water was running down your skin, you and the voice in your head took advantage of the time alone and discussed an important topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why can't you make me remember?"

What do you think I'm trying to do
The voice replied in an annoyed tone.

"Yes, I know but- why can't you just tell me what I don't remember? Like- instead of doing the enigmatic shit " Go dOwn To tHE BasMEnT tO reGaiN yOUr loSt mEmoRiEs" You did a goofy ghost-like voice to make fun of it, you swore you heard it sigh out loud.
"Why don't you just say OH YEAH ALASTOR IS A CANNIBAL AND ONCE YOU WENT INTO HIS BASEMENT FULL OF DEAD DEERS, ALMOST VOMITED AND GOT CAUGHT BUT DON'T WORRY ITZ ALL GOOD YA GUYS HUGGED IT OUT"
You were now absolutely sure the voice sighed.

If I could do that, I would have done that already

Wait

"You mean you can't do that? What stop you?"

Nothing stops me... You just don't hear me

You didn't believe it.

"Prove it then!" You placed your hands full of soap on your hips.
"Try to say something I forgot!"

*sigh* fine... the most important thing you forgot is that...
...
...

...
Holy shit it was right! That was unexpected!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something about that whole situation didn't convince you but if you stayed just a bit more under the shower you would have probably passed out, putting on an oversized sweater and a pair of comfy trousers you started to unpack your thing, throwing everything in the big wooden wardrobe.

Why could you not hear her when she said certain things? It almost looked like someone blocked her voice, since when she earlier tried, her voice cut off...

Maybe that's what it is

"Really? Did you think so too?

The voice hummed in approval

Finally finishing to unpack, you sat on the bed, picking up the phone Charlie gave you:

No new messages
Fair enough.

Maybe someone made you forget...but who?

The Voice asked, you surely didn't know the answer. You asked if she had any idea of who it could have been.

Sorry but I'm not Wikipedia, I don't know everything

Fair enough (2)

Laughter from downstairs caught your attention. Not because it was loud or because it interrupted your train of thoughts, it was because it wasn't Alastor's one.

You froze, someone was here? Why would Alastor invite someone over if YOU didn't have to be seen by anyone?
That was unexpected too!
How many more things were going to be unexpected today?!
How many times did you say unexpected today? Probably three times but it was way too much already.

You debated if it was a good idea to go see who it was.
To go, or not to go, that is the question.
You cringed at your attemp to be funny. It really wasn't funny.

You tried to think reasonably... buuuuut we all know curiosity killed the cat so you quietly opened the door and walked down the hall.

As you reached the door that conducted to the living room the voices became louder and clearer:
Alastor's voice was easy to recognize, the microphone effect gave it away.
Yet you couldn't quite place the second one, it was clear, deep, definitely a man, but it was unknown to your ears.

"Oh, Alastor! You should have been there! Seeing Valentino and Vox argue is quite the spectacle! Sadly, no one got hurt"

S-sadly?!

"I'm sure it will not be the last time they argue, I have plenty of occasions to see it happen"
Alastor replied to the unknown man.

"Indeed... Will you be at the reunion tomorrow? Everyone would be thrilled to see you!"

Reunion? Alastor did not talk to you about a reunion.

"I...have a few things to take care of tomorrow, but if I have time I will definitely come and say hi!"

"Wonderful! Farewell Alastor!"

"Goodbye! And thank you for the unexpected visit!"

The door clicked and Alastor sighed.

"A-Alastor?"
Shoot, your voice cracked.

"My dear? Where are you?"

You stepped closer to the railings, getting out of the darkness of the corridor you used to hide.

"Sweetie, were you listening to us?"
His head tilted slightly to your left, staring at the ground, you nodded.

"Come on, come here"
You started stepping down the stairs.

"You know, listening to someone else's conversation is very impolite...especially from you"

You gulped air at his words, your throat going dry.
Those last words were repeating in your head:
Especially from you.
Why did they bother you- hurt you so much?

You took the last step down, Alastor had moved in front of you, you couldn't gather the courage to look at him.
He gently took your hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Please, never do that again. There are things that your innocent ears don't necessarily have to hear" his voice became softer and quieter, the radio effect went away. You nodded.

" Oh dear! It's almost noon! Would you like anything to eat?"
No, not really, you usually ate a lot but with all the things that happened, your stomach would have refused anything.

"Then what about a Chess game? I could make something warm to sip on in the meanwhile"
You liked that idea way more. You hadn't played chess in a while so, what was wrong with that?

You split, Alastor went in the kitchen and you sat on one of the two comfy armchairs near the fireplace.
A small piece of paper was lying next to the chessboard: undecipherable signs were scribbled with a black pen.

Hell's alphabet

The voice spoke.

You replied whispering, fearing Alastor would hear you talking to nothing.
"Do you know what it says?"

Let's see what I can do

Your eyes flickered between the piece of paper in your hands and the kitchen door.

C'mon, hurry!
You thought to yourself.

Then, out of nowhere, those signs slowly became words, you gasped:

Y/n's gift
Go collect tomorrow morning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n:

Oh well. This is not how the chapter was supposed to go but 🤷🏻‍♀️

AAAAAAAANYWAY
I'm not going to do the whole" thank you guys for the love and support" but
THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT ILYSM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I sincerely apologise if I don't reply to comments straight away, the house I'm in doesn't have wi-fi and to reply, update, read, USE Wattpad I need to connect to my phone data and... yeah.
But that does not absolutely means I don't read the comments via notifications on my phone
(btw I love reading and answering comments >~<)

Welp, stay tuned until next Monday for the next part!

Ps: I made a one-shots Alastorxreader book that will be uploaded every now and then, its currently empty but I'm already working on one!
If you like how i write, please go check that out! :P

-Gost UwU