Chapter 19

"You sure you can carry it all?" Adrien asked her again.

"I can carry them, stop asking me again and again" and Marinette answered him stubbornly with the same answer she gave him before as she struggled to carry two heavy bags after again buying the ingredients from the grocery shop and this time ending up buying even more things.

It was kind of funny how she obviously struggled to carry the bags but still tried to prove to him that she ain't while he just carried a small bag.

He just shook his head and opened the trunk of the car for her to keep the bags. After that he opened the door for her of the passenger seat and gave a dramatic bow.

She played along with it and bowed her head dramatically and said as she took the seat "why thank you sir"

"Anything for m'lady" he said grinning.

He sat on the driver seat and started driving back to their home... *cough* her home.

Weather was good so they decided to leave the windows open while a lovely soothing song played on the radio.

Adrien inhaled deeply feeling the moment. He just loved little moments like this, so peaceful and simple yet beautiful in their own way. 

Maybe a certain girl's presence made it beautiful. He would now and then sneak some glances at her.

Her elbow was kept at the window place as it was open and her cheek was on the same hand's palm. Her hair flowed with the air which were out of her messy burn. Moonlight kissing her face and looking beautiful as always.

But he didn't know that while he was stealing glances of a certain person, the said person was looking at him through the rare view mirror.

She controlled her giggle and said "If you want to keep staring at me then let me drive and then stare all you want"

He had to admit he was caught by surprise but he didn't show it and smiled while saying "then what kind of gentleman I will be if I let m'lady drive"

He expected her to roll her eyes instead she smirked and he knew something was coming up.

As he stopped at a traffic signal, she leaned near his ear and whispered as her lips brushed his ear "then I will drive you crazy instead..."

That... that shook him to the core. The way she said it... her voice when she said it... and slight brushes of her lips... it is becoming a lot to take in. Not to mention the neck kisses she gave him today. All of this is going to give him a hard time from stopping any kind of dirty thoughts coming to his mind for her which he strictly restricted.

She is just teasing you, it doesn't mean anything... it's just... it's just the challenge which she might be winning but she is just joking around, he repeated this thoughts in his mind as a mantra while he gripped the staring wheel tightly as he started driving again.

"No comeback huh?" she continued with her teasing and when he didn't say anything "looks like I am winning"

"Oh don't be so happy already, I am just trying to concentrate on driving right now" he said trying to reason himself.

"I didn't know I was that distractive" she said, smirk never leaving her face.

Oh the irony, he thought. How the tables are turned right now, it used to be him flirting and teasing but now it's her.

He wanted to see more of her true self and now that he is seeing it... it's deadly. She is on fire and that fire is burning him, in everyway including the ones he promised he won't let.