Chapter 3

Adrien climbed down the stairs and entered the living room. He saw her sitting on one of the two couches and on seeing him, she quickly looked away.

He could tell that she was still embarrassed but... why?

"Pl-please just s-sit down" she stuttered out gesturing towards the other couch.

He didn't know why but he really was enjoying her flustered face. She looked even cuter. Nonetheless, he sat down.

"Listening to what you said earlier, I assume my friend didn't tell you anything. So please let me explain" She didn't dare to look at him. Her eyes were everywhere but at him. Yet he could tell she was nervous and formal as if they are here for a business deal or job offer.

"Yes, I really do need an explanation because everything is going over my head" came his immediate reply.

Marinette jumped a little on suddenly hearing him like this. Since the time he has entered her house, he spoke very little so suddenly hearing him as this shocked her a little. But she was more shocked by the incident that happened earlier.

Adrien felt bad for suddenly startling like this but he really was confused, even more than that awkward situation that they had earlier.

She took a deep breath and started explaining while finally looking at him "Let me tell you first that for whatever reason you think I have called you here, it is not like that at all. The reason is something else... I am in a kind of problem and to solve it I took this step or else in my whole life I would never think to... rent someone".

Adrien blinked at her. That means she is not what he thought she would be because the earlier incident was proving it right as it has left the lady to a very embarrassing state.

Marinette was feeling uncomfortable to tell her problem to a stranger but thought to take the risk as it is worth a shot so she continued her explanation "You see I am an independent woman and I like to live on my own but my parents were kind of being pushy and were constantly telling me to move in with them rather than living alone because they care a lot than needed. So when 6 months ago, they again pushed the subject I kind of... lied to them. I told them that I have a boy... friend and I am living with him. On hearing it, they let the subject go but now they are coming to meet me and my imaginary boyfriend, so I just needed someone to act as a fake one".

At first, he just stared at her but when his mind registered what she has just said he couldn't control himself and burst into a fit of laughter.

Marinette just sat there, watching him, again embarrassed.

"You... you want me to-to act as your fake boyfriend" he said between laughs.

"Just stop laughing at me" she pouted.

He quickly quiets down on hearing her.

"It's not a good thing to laugh at people's problem, you should know it and besides you just tell me you are willing to do it or not because I am ready to pay for it you".

"Would you first mind me explaining what I have to exactly do in this whole 'fake boyfriend' thing? It's not like I am complaining... I would love to pretend to be a boyfriend of such a beautiful lady but I should know what I exactly have to do".

On hearing him calling her beautiful, she could feel the heat rising to her face but she just ignored it, he is just a flirt and pervert.

"You just have to pretend in front of my parents that you are my boyfriend and you are capable for looking after me, I mean it's not like I can't look after myself it's just for them. After they are convinced and gone, you are on your way and I am on my own" she stated simply.

"And how long I have to do this?" he asked.

"They are coming next week and they are going to stay for that complete week but told my parents that I have been dating for 4 months, 6 months ago, so technically it has been 1 year so if I am living with someone for 1 year that means he will be knowing everything about me so you would have to live here in my house for this week too if you agree so that you can come to know me".

Marinette could see his expression changing from a flirty smile to something she couldn't put her finger on. 

"That means I would have to stay with you for 2 weeks?" he asked. 

She nodded.

He seemed to think about it but then he stood up which made her too.

"I am sorry, I can't" he said.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because at a particular day in a week I am supposed to be somewhere" he said without any emotion.

Marinette didn't understand what he exactly meant but she just needed his help "that can be taken care of. But please just think about it again. I am even ready to give you double the amount".

On hearing her words, she could see the change in him again.

"I will think about it, just give me some time" that's all he said.

"Ok, but in case if you are willing to do the job,  just come tomorrow with your things and clothes so that you can settle here"

He nodded at her.

Suddenly he looked at her and smirked "now... as far as I would love to stay the whole night awake and talk to you or maybe do something more... but I have to take my departure"

He grabbed her right hand and kissed it making her blush.

Letting go of her hand, he went to the door and opened it. Before leaving he looked back at her "until next time beautiful" and with that he shut the door and left a blushing Marinette behind him.

Marinette shook her head and scolded herself, what are you doing Marinette, get a hold of yourself. You have handled flirts like him before so why are you letting him get to you.

But she couldn't deny the fact that he does was irresistible. But she kept those thoughts aside.

She just hoped that he would change his mind and decides to take the offer.