Chapter 44

Adrien banged on Lila's door loudly. He was currently on her doorstep.

He heard her cursing from inside that who the fuck was there and then she opened the door.

For a second she stared at him in shock but then smiled and said "oh... I have been expecting you"

She left the door open for him to enter and sashed back inside.

Adrien glared at her, confused about her actions. Yet, he entered inside and closed the door.

"I am going to ask only once..." Adrien started, deadly serious and anyone with a brain could feel the anger seething from him "why did you do that?"

Rather than answering him and even feeling his anger, Lila put down the wine glass from which she had been drinking and picked another one. Pouring wine inside it said "I had kept it for you..." and after pouring it, she moved towards him and extended her hand for him to take the glass "here..." she said.

Adrien slapped her hand, making the glass shatter on the floor.

"Adrien! This wine is expensive, I had specially bought it from Italy. It cost about 3 months of my earnings" Lila shouted.

"Does this feel like a joke to you?" Adrien shouted at her.

"Of course, not sweetheart" She smiled like the vixen she was and ran a finger over his chest "nothing related to you is a joke to me"

Adrien grabbed her hand and held it tightly, making her grunt in pain "answer... my damn... fucking... question"

"Seriously Adrien..." grunting in pain Lila said "you come here after 2 months and rather than doing some good things, you are right on the topic" 

Lila had no fucking idea to what extent Adrien was holding back his anger.

Lila somehow managed to slip her hand away from his grip and rubbing it soothingly with her other one she said "damn... it hurts"

She took her wine glass back in her hand and sipped it, she said "fine. I will tell you why"

She sipped again and said "I was just pissed"

"Excuse me?" Adrien stared at her.

"I was pissed at you and wanted to get back. I know hurting Marinette would hit two targets with one arrow but I have... umm... different and better plans for her. So, I went ahead and hit you where it also, would hurt the most" Lila just said it like it wasn't a big deal.

Adrien scoffed in disbelief "let me get this straight. You had coincidentally met my mother at the hospital and you found out I am her son. You kept on meeting her after that and today you went ahead and told her about my previous job just because I told you to stay away and keep things to yourself"

"You are pretty much right, except for one part" Lila said, still sipping her wine.

Adrien clenched his hands in a fist, digging his nails inside his skin. He was taking deep breaths to keep himself calm.

"And that is?" Adrien asked.

"I wasn't pissed because you shooed me off. I wouldn't have stayed away from you and would have come back. I am pissed because you chose Marinette over me" Lila said, gritting her teeth at the last part.

And now Adrien was absolutely confused and in utter disbelief "chose Marinette over you... What the fuck are you talking about?"

This time Lila by herself threw the glass on the floor, shattering it, and moved closer to him "oh please... do not try and pretend. Marinette isn't here so you do not need to pretend. You can't just say like we had nothing going on"