Chapter 9

Marinette was practically hissing with anger while Adrien stood tall with her car keys in his hand and she couldn't reach it.

"Give me my keys NOW!" she shouted.

"No" Adrien simply replied in a teasing tone.

"Oh come on Adrien, I am getting late for work" she said, now getting really frustrated.

"Oh really then maybe you should do what I say" he said twirling the keys in his fingers.

"Ugh! why do you even wanna go to my office?" she whined.

"I just want to see m'lady's workplace"

It has been two days since their ice ring adventure. Everything went well and the two of them were getting along well. At some point, it even scared her that how can two people who just met can get along so well but she decided to put those thoughts at the back of her head for the sack of their friendship. 

Marinette thought she can survive with him but he proves her wrong.

Since the day before yesterday, he has been asking to go to her office and she had been constantly refusing his request.

But today he got ready before her (like always) and took her keys, asking her to either take him with her or else forget the keys.

Marinette wasn't able to decide whom to curse, for her being small in height or him being a little extra taller than her.

An idea struck in her mind and smiled devilishly.

On seeing her smile, Adrien's grin which he was having faded. He hasn't seen her giving him that kind of smile. He gulped.  

"You know... maybe there is a third option" she said in a low honey dripping voice.

Adrien's breath hitched "and w-what could that be?"

Marinette trailed her index finger on his chest in circles and in her touch his body started loosening.

"I can skip office today and stay at home and maybe we can even..." Marinette trailed off while running her finger on him and getting closer. 

"W-we can even?" he stuttered.

As soon as his hand came down in which he was holding the key, she snatched it from him and stepped back in victory with a smirk on her face.

"We can even quit it" Marinette said smiling in victory.

Adrien shook his head while Marinette giggled and said "you can serve the food but can't eat by yourself"

Adrien understood what she meant by it and got his mind back to its place.

"Oh paw-lease... I was just giving you a confidence boost because I swear you sounded so sexy"

He said it so flawlessly that for a second she thought he was telling the truth but the keys in her hand were telling her otherwise.

She put her thoughts in words "but the keys are telling me otherwise" she said in a sing-song manner while showing off the keys.

"That was a part of that too" he added.

Marinette let out a fake laugh "as if...okay bye" She started making her way out but this time Adrien stood against the door blocking the exit.

Marinette let out an angry shriek "NOT AGAIN"

On seeing Marinette's boiling anger, Adrien stepped aside for his dear life "okay enough teasing, lemme come to the point. I was thinking about it for a while that what if next week when your parents will come, for some reason they will ask me to come to you or they ask me to take them to you and I won't be even knowing a single place over there, then what?"

Marinette stared at him with mouth agape. She didn't even think so thoroughly.

"So that's why I wanna go... so watcha say?" Adrien asked.

Marinette thought about it. Adrien could imagine the wheels running in her mind. She reluctantly agreed to him "ok fine".

He was about to say something when she interrupted him "But... let me be clear. I am taking you to my office so that you can get a little familiar with the place. Who knows what the future has as you mentioned. Promise me you would do as I say"

In these few days, one of the other good things she has learned about him is that when he promises something, he is going to stick to it.

And here it was, his smile... without any mischief.

"I promise"

She smiled too "Ok, get in the car"

***

"Remember what I said, You are not going to talk to anyone or roam here or there. Just stick with me and do as I say" 

They were climbing the stairs outside of her office building while Marinette was instructing him. As soon as they entered, she walked towards the elevator while Adrien was watching the place. She was holding his hand to keep him with her but she didn't mind at all. She only wanted Adrien to get to know the place, without anyone questioning. But then she thought she is the boss and here she is scared of her staff asking her questions.

Luckily, when they entered the elevator it was empty. She talked to him about her building and told him some normal things he needed to know. When the elevator door opened, Marinette saw her employee Sara was standing in front of her. Sara has been her employee for almost 1 and a half years and she was a really sweet and cute girl. That was what Marinette thought.

Stepping out of the elevator, Marinette greeted her "Good morning Sara"

"Good morning Ms. Dupain Cheng" Sara greeted her. As soon as she looked at the person standing beside her. Her eyes went wide and Marinette could see her cheeks getting red.

"A...A.." Sara stuttered out.

"Hey... Sara, it has been a long time, huh?"

Marinette looked confused between Adrien, who was having this seducing smile, and Sara, who was still red as a tomato.

"Wait, you both know each other" The confused bluenette asked.

"Yeah, we have met a... couple of times" Adrien answered.

Soon enough Sara got her normal color back and then looked at Marinette "well umm... I know him but Ms. Dupain Cheng, how do you know him?"

Now it doesn't take to be a genius to figure it out what Adrien meant by saying they had met a couple of time and Sara's red face proved her thoughts right but what she didn't want was for Sara to have any wrong idea.

Think Marinette think, she thought to herself.

"He uh... he is here for..." she saw some models walking to the auditioning room for today's new model selection, so... she uttered the first thought that came in her mind "he is here for today's model selection"

"I WHAT"

"HE WHAT"

Both of them looked at her with questioning eyes "you heard me... he is here for modeling and one of my friends recommended that with his face and... uh body he would be a great model so... he is here for his first-ever trial"

Adrien was continuously shaking his head for a no when Sara wasn't noticing. Sara with a blank face registered what her boss just has said "oh, oh... ok. I will get back to my work"

"Ok. I will see you in the auditioning room then" Marinette faked a smile because she knew that not only she is fucked up but they are fucked up because of her.

Ugh! what has happened to my language, Marinette thought.