Chapter 8

Marinette rubbed her eyes with her palm and leaned back in her desk chair sighing.

Today was a hectic Monday for her with all the work and stuff.

But it wasn't only work which was clouding her mind and stressing her out... it was Adrien too.

Last night when they came back from the orphanage, he didn't say a word. All he said was thank you for the dinner and told her in the morning that he will skip breakfast as he is going out and he will return before her.

But it was so obvious that he was avoiding her because of what she said yesterday.

"Men like you are only good at seducing girls, not taking care of them"

Her own words ran in her mind all day like a nightmare.

She felt guilty and sad. She had seen the good in him, when he asked her to become her friend or when he flirted with her and teased her but without crossing any lines, just words.

But the way he was with Erica... made her see the good part of him in a way which she hasn't seen before. He was sweet, gentle, and caring and he actually cared about that little girl.

She thought that maybe he hid this part of him inside him because in his job, there is no space for sweet cute guys as far as she understands.

She wanted to fix it and apologize to him but she didn't know-how.

She looked at the unfinished piled-up work in front of her. Taking a deep breath, she started working again by trying to put all the thoughts aside.

After a few hours, when she was done. She wished good night to her receptionist and other workers and got out of the building to get into her car.

She was hoping to see him at home and tried to figure out words which she would say to him but no words felt right.

She stopped at one of the traffic lights and looked around thinking but her eyes stopped at a particular place.

The ice ring...

And that place gave her an idea which she thought was worth trying.

She parked her car in the ice ring parking and called Adrien.

Well, they had exchanged numbers.

It took 5 rings and then he picked up the call.

"Hello"

"Hey, where are you right now?"

"If you have reached home then I am on my way"

"No, don't come"

"What? Is there any guest or you don't want me to do the work anymore?"

"That's not what I meant"

"Then?"

"I am sending you a location, come over there"

"Why?"

"You ask too many questions, just come over there"

"Ok, fine. I will be there"

With that, he hung up.

She got out of her car and waited for him with her back leaning on it.

After some minutes, he finally arrived on his bike. She had to admit that he looked kinda hot with a leather jacket and rugged jeans on and the way he got off his bike just looked like a movie scene to her where they try to show first impression of the hero.