Chapter 31

"Nathaniel?" Marinette called out as the said man kept holding her in a hug.

Finally letting go of her, he said "It has been so long Marinette. The last time I saw you, you were leaving for university with Chloe"

Marinette was now feeling at ease that she has recognized him, her old friend who once used to be called one of her best friends. She smiled at him "yes, it's way too long, and Woah! look at you. Someone has been working out, huh? The last time I saw you, you were thin as a stick"

Nathaniel let out a whole-hearty laugh "I grew up Marinette. My glow-up was late but it is here" he said cheekily which now made Marinette laugh.

They were interrupted when someone cleared their throat beside them. Marinette and Nathaniel turned their heads to look at the forgotten blonde who was there too.

Adrien forced up a cracked smile and asked "Marinette... won't you introduce me to this friend of yours?"

Nathaniel perked upon seeing Adrien "oh! you must be Adrien, Luka's best friend, and Best man. Chloe mentioned that you are her's and Marinette's friend, which makes you mine too. So glad to meet you"

Adrien's lips twitched in annoyance. First, he barges in here and hugs Marinette as if she belongs to him, and then he gives him this... this... all sunny-shiny attitude. He is not going to fall for his trap and he has to let him know that he is not Marinette's friend.

As Adrien went to open his mouth, Nathaniel spoke up again "and how rude of me not to introduce myself. I am Nathaniel Kurtzberg, Marinette and Chloe's old high school friend. You can say we were close" he crisscrossed his index and middle finger "Also, the wedding planner of the wedding of the year, i.e. Chloe's and Luka's wedding"

"Nath, I told you. We don't want anything big... I mean I do but we don't have much time on our hands" Chloe jumped in between.

"Don't worry Chloe. I have already tasked and planned out everything" Nath said buzzing with excitement for his old friend's wedding.

Luka rose an eyebrow surprised "you have already planned out everything?"

"Yes, and for now let's start with these things, Chloe and Luka, you start making the guests lists because as we are short on time we will have to make digital invitations which will be forwarded by tonight. As for the cake and desserts, I am leaving them to Sabine and Tom, we all know we can trust them. Adrien, Luka earlier mentioned you are great with food so I hope you have no problem deciding the food menu with the chefs. And as for you Marinette, it seems like you will have to spend a lot of time with me again, considering you are the maid of honor, you will have to help me with decorations, decisions, and other things" Nathaniel said everything so quickly that everyone for a second thought he forgot to breathe.

Nath clapped his hands in the air "okay. Chop chop team, you all know what you all have to do. Let's get to the work"

That was all it took for everyone to get to work and while Adrien didn't have any problem handling the food and all but when Marinette walked out of the room excitedly with Nathaniel by her side. He felt a pang in his chest which he knew he shouldn't feel. The insecureness because of his past will only ruin this...

***

Marinette had a lot to worry about right now. She almost stayed up all night with Nathaniel planning out the decorations according to Luka's and Chloe's taste. And after she woke up today's Morning, she saw decorations had already started with invitations being sent. Planning was one thing but getting things settled up was another thing.

Spending half of the afternoon with that only she was finally working on the Bride's dress. She had got the bases ready from her company but she wanted the details done by her only, to make sure it was perfect. The groom's suit wasn't much of a problem but the bride's dress had very minute and delicate details which Marinette was having a hard time working on but she was persistent.