12

Nervously fidgeting, I tried to come up with a way to say everything I've gone through to him. To Nico who sat across me. Winter on my side as Steve stood behind us, and Tony was getting himself a afternoon drink.

"Just spit it out Percy." Nico sighed.

"I'm pregnant." Was my immediate response and I sighed at my own stupidity.

Tony snorted. "Getting to the details I see." He laughed when I threw a pillow at his approaching form.

"Percy...explain, from the beginning." Nico said patiently with a confused but concerned look as he leaned forward, ears at the ready to listen to me.

"Okay..., so I was doing the usual route, graveyard," I continued ignoring the wince he made."-camp, home and so on. Going with what came. I was ambushed in the park, woke up in a fish tank of sorts, with my insides having been played with." I stopped. Blinking away my sudden lethargic mind. "Raped once I was healed."

"Percy..." He tried but I shook my head.

"We escaped, ran for awhile and were found by them. This is the safest place for me at the moment, for me...and for the babies in the uterus that they made for me." I finally met his eyes and saw anger. Not directed at me though. I would know.

"Who?" He asked standing up, I could feel the raw energy coming from him, and it made me unconsciously wrap my hands around my middle.

Winter spoke up. "Hydra."

Before Nico could explode I stood up and approached him. "Hey, it's okay, they're working on taking them down and I'm fine now. I'm back. Just can't leave the building-but I don't want anyone to know I'm here, I'm sure they know, but not the campers or anyone but you. I don't want them to be used against me, I already have been reassured my mom, Paul and Estelle are being cared for. I just need to stay hidden for awhile okay?" I spoke softly.

He calmed a little as he looked into my eyes, anger dissipating to guilt. "I was going to go to the graveyard that day...I...I wanted to...I just-"

Hugging him to me gently, I reassured him. "It's okay, you didn't know, and they were pretty quick, deadly too. I'm kinda glad you weren't there. I could have just stayed at camp that day or home. But I went anyway. We can't go back. Only move forward."

Pulling away he sat down with a sigh, anger gone and left was the boy-even though man now-would always be my little cousin. "Okay, okay...I can visit?" He looked from me to Tony.

Tony shrugged. "I'm not arguing against a pregnant person, I'm crazy but not that crazy."

I laughed before shaking my head and sitting down beside Nico. A sigh leaving me, "They're hungry...."

"They?" Nico asked.

"Three to be exact." I smirked.

"THreE?!?"

______

I was alone, the best place to be alone too. Water. A pool to be exact. Of course my father would know. But he hasn't come racing in for answers yet. For which I was glad for. I wasn't feeling up to seeing another familiar face. Even if I really missed him. I needed some time to think.

Thus why I was alone. I was able to escape Winter and here I am at the bottom complicating my life with what if's. But soon the water soothed me into a much needed nap.

So when I felt water splash, I looked up to see Steve coming at me with a worried look. I rubbed my eyes, but was interrupted when he started pulling me up, and since I was still tired and that I didn't want to fight against the man, I let him pull me out.

"Are you okay?" He asked quickly as he hauled us out.

Me completely dry as I watched him sit there stunned as he realized, soaked and looking like a watered down puppy. "I'm fine. Water is practically my natural habitat. I can breathe under water. I was perfectly fine. Took a nice nap." I stretched.

"Right..." he stared at the puddle he was making.

Rolling my eyes I walked up to him and waved a hand over his humongous body. The water leaving steadily until he was dry. He watched with wonder.

"Did you need me?" I asked him as we stood in silence.

"Right, sorry, I came to get you for dinner. We have pizza, soda and movies being picked out. Winter is being occupied by everyone so he doesn't come in here to drag you out himself." He laughed. Looking down slightly sad about something.

We started to walk out. "You knew him." I asked as I matched his stride.

"What?" He asked turning his head to me.

"Winter." My eyes met his when I said his name. Watching as he seemed sad again.

He nodded. "Yes, way back. James Bucknam Barnes. He was the guy that chased the guys that beat me up in alleys. He's the guy that saved my skinny butt every time it needed to be saved. Complete flirt though. Always had a girl." He smiled as he got lost in memories.

I laughed. "Doesn't sound like him. Well I can see the protection part. But you can protect yourself now. The flirting? I think he'll have to relearn."

"Wanna bet?" Steve asked a smirk forming on his lips.

A grin formed on mine. "Yes. Yes I do."

-