Chapter 17: Torn

*Okay, sorry I haven't updated for a while, I was having boyfriend problems and we were arguing a lot, and we ended up breaking up. I wasn't in the mood to write anything. So, here is the long awaited continuation of AFL. Enjoy!*

I didn’t really know where to go. Hunter was my only friend in London besides the boys, and I didn’t want to go back to Harry’s house or to Louis’s house. I figured I could go to one of the boy’s houses and ask them. I decided to try Niall’s first, me and him were probably the closest besides Louis and Harry. I drove down to his house, got out of the car and walked up to the door. I took a few deep breaths and then proceeded to ring the doorbell. I could feel that I was going to start crying soon. I heard footsteps getting closer to the door.

“Maddie? What are you doing here?” Niall asked. I couldn’t hold it in anymore, I burst into tears. “Hey, what’s wrong? Come here.” He pulled me into a hug and brought me into the house. He led me to his couch and sat me down.

“Explain; is this about the thing with Harry all over the news?”

“Well…yes. You see, after Hunter died, I started hanging out with Louis a lot. We grew close and sort of…developed feelings for each other. At first, to me it was just a friendship. Louis told me he loved me yesterday morning. I drove home to think things over, and saw the story about Harry on the news. I then went back to Louis’ house and we kissed. I spent the night there. Then Harry came home and we got into an argument and I have no place to stay. Do you mind if I stay here?” I explained.

“Sure, no problem. If you want my advice, I’d say don’t stay with Harry AND don’t date Louis. First of all, they are best friends, we don’t want them torn apart. Second, Harry messed up, no doubt about that. Third, think about Hunter. If she was still alive, you wouldn’t even consider dating Louis. He was the father of her children for crying out loud. My opinion means absolutely nothing, but just think those things over. You can sleep in my bed, I’ll stay on the couch.” Niall said.

“Okay. Goodnight Niall. Thanks, again.” I said as I headed up the stairs to his room.

*Niall’s P.O.V*

Harry wasn’t going to take that long to figure out where Maddie was. There weren’t many places she could go, he’d search here. That’s when I’d tell him. That’s when I’ll tell her exactly how I’ve felt about her since I first saw her at that signing back in America. I can’t keep it in any longer. It’s been YEARS since that signing.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of the doorbell. I walked to the door and opened it to see Harry in his pajamas. He stormed into the house.

“Where is she?!?”

“Where’s who?” I asked.

“You know exactly who.” He said.

“Harry, she obviously doesn’t want to be with you right now. Can’t you just leave her alone?”

“She is my WIFE Niall. Where. Is. She?” He shouted. I heard footsteps upstairs and Maddie walked down.

“Harry, leave. I don’t want to talk to you.” She said.

“Listen Maddie, just listen, and listen carefully. I love you more than anything in the world, you can’t just leave me after everything we’ve been through.” Harry said.

“Harry, she asked you to leave and this is MY property. Get out.” I said. He tried pushing past me, and started pushing me a little. I took no time at all to connect my fist directly with the side of his face. I heard Maddie gasp behind me.

“NIALL, WHAT THE HELL?!?” He screamed.

“Harry, this has gone on too long. You’ve hurt Maddie too much and I can’t stand to see the woman I love get hurt over and over again.”

“Wh-what?!?” Maddie said surprised.

“That’s right Maddie. I love you. I have been madly in love with you since the signing, many years ago.” I said.

“I…I like you Niall. I wouldn’t say love yet, but I’ll give it a try.”

“Wow, Maddie. You’re seriously going to give up everything we had, just like that?” Harry asked. Maddie didn’t answer. Harry got his answer though, and stormed out of the house. I pulled Maddie into a hug. She buried her head in my chest/

“Everything’s going to be okay.” I said to her. She looked up at me. I grabbed her neck, and pushed my lips into hers.