Chapter 15: Celebrity Status

*Maddie's P.O.V*

"WHAT?" I asked. Was Louis serious? He was IN LOVE WITH ME?! And what was this about Harry not thinking I was girlfriend material or whatever?

"I seriously don't want to say it again, it was hard enough to admit the first time."

"Uhm....Louis….I just…..I don’t know what to say. I’m married to Harry. He’s your best friend and you dated and had children with my best friend. I don’t like you like that. I……I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine….I understand….” He said. A tear rolled down his cheek as he got up off the couch and rushed up to his bedroom. I felt terrible, but I love Harry and I can’t just leave him for his best friend! One of my best friends as well!

I grabbed my coat from the kitchen table and left his house. I never thought this would happen. I mean….IT’S LOUIS. Why would he do this to Harry? Should I even tell Harry?

No. I can’t let him know.  It would ruin the band and their friendship. I can’t do that to Harry. I’ll just let it be our little secret. I argued about this the entire time I walked home. Yes, walked. Louis had picked me up in his car and I had no way to get home except walking. I couldn’t get into a car with him.

I got home and took off my jacket. I got into my pajamas, put the kettle on the stove and waited for it to boil to make tea. While I waited, I decided to turn on Sugarscape. I don’t know why, but I love catching up on celebrity gossip. Even though I’m married to a “celebrity” and most of the things on Sugarscape are about One Direction…it’s still interesting to watch. They were talking about some new scandal, how some married celebrity was caught kissing and leaving the house of another celebrity’s house somewhere in America. Then I read the text on the screen.

Harry Styles caught making out and kissing Arianna Grande!

Then there was video of my husband, leaving a house and buttoning up his pants, and smiling. Then out walks a girl with bright red, obviously dyed, hair and he kisses her, long and VERY tongue filled, and then gets into a car and quickly leaves. I burst into tears. I guess Louis was right. Harry didn’t really love me. I felt terrible. I turned off the stove so the house wouldn’t burn down, grabbed my coat and my keys, and drove to Louis’ house as fast as I could without getting a speeding ticket. I could tell in Louis’ eyes, he really loved me. Louis listened to my problems and genuinely cared. He made me laugh more than Harry ever did, and I had to admit, Louis is incredibly attractive. He might have been engaged to my best friend, but she died. She would’ve wanted me to take care of Louis.

 I pulled up to Louis’ house and got out of the car. I was still in my pajamas, but I didn’t care. I needed to talk to him. I rang the doorbell and waited. 2 minutes later, he opened the door.

“Maddie? What are you doing here?” He asked. I leaned over and kissed him. At first, he jumped a little, surprised that I’d kiss him. Then he started to kiss back. It felt strangely good to kiss him; there was a spark that wasn’t there when I kissed Harry. He pulled me inside the house and pinned me up against the wall, and started making out with me. It was a million times better than when Harry kissed me. Harry and I didn’t even make out anymore. We BARELY had sex…not that I thought Louis and I would have sex, just it seemed like Harry and I were drifting apart. Louis and I broke apart from the sweet, long kiss.

“I love you.” I said. I meant it.

“I love you to the moon and back, one hundred times.” He said. He looked into my eyes and I died a little inside. The blue-green color was beautiful.

“I love you more than you think.” I said.

“What changed your mind?” He asked.

“Well, I was thinking about you the entire walk home. I was trying to figure out if I loved you or Harry more. I was going to try and take my mind off of it by watching TV…Harry cheated on me. With an American celebrity…” I trailed off, and started crying.

“Shhh it’s okay,” Louis pulled me into a hug. “You have me now. I’ll never hurt you. I know I hurt Hunter in the past, but I’ll never hurt you. You can stay here while you figure things out with Harry.”

“But what about the band? I don’t want One Direction to break up.” I asked.

“We won’t. We’re grown-ups. Harry made a childish mistake and he will have to own up to it and pay the consequences.” He said. We went up to his bedroom and I got into the bed. He turned off the light and snuggled up next to me. I took off my wedding ring and set it down on the bedside table. I wouldn’t be needing THAT anymore.