Epilogue

*1 year later*

“I now pronounced you Mr and Mrs Horan. Niall, you may kiss the bride.” The minister said. Niall leaned down to kiss me. I was officially Mrs. Horan, and I planned to stay Mrs. Horan, not end up divorced again.

I looked over to where Louis and Harry were standing, next to Liam, Zayn, and Greg, Niall’s brother. Louis was smiling, Harry was not. Louis took the news of me and Niall dating very well. “As long as you are happy, I’ll be okay” he had said. Harry on the other hand, was furious, and had stormed out of the room. I haven’t really talked to him since then. Niall and Harry still talk, of course, but I hadn’t even seen him since we filed the divorce papers.

At the reception, I was dancing with my brother Tyler when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Uhm, Maddie? Can I have one dance?” I heard a familiar voice say behind me. I spun around and was face to face with Harry.

“I guess so” I responded and he led me to a spot sort of away from everyone else.

“I really am sorry you know, for all of that. I’m happy for you and Niall though. You know how much it hurts to see the woman you’ve been in love with for years marry someone else?”  He asked as we started dancing.

“You know how much it hurts to have the man you loved cheat on you?” I responded.

“I told you, I’m really sorry. It was the biggest mistake of my life, and I wish I never did it so we could still be married!” he said. I stepped away from him.

“No, it wasn’t. I love Niall, deep down I’m glad you did because then I would’ve never gotten the chance to date him, and I wouldn’t be happy. I’d be stuck in an unhappy marriage. I want to stay friends with you, Harry, but I am fully committed to Niall and I am never going to leave him for ANYONE. I made that decision when I signed those divorce papers.” I said. I walked back over to my seat next to my husband.

“Is everything okay? I saw you yelling at Harry and you seemed angry when you walked over here.” Niall asked.

“I’m fine. Harry just needs to get over me.” I said.

“He will. Eventually when things are settled and calm, things will get better.”

And Niall was right. Two years later, Maddie gave birth to a baby girl named Claire Hunter Horan. Harry finally found another girlfriend and gave up on Maddie. Maddie and Niall had two children, Claire and Liam Zayn Horan, and have a happy marriage. Maddie finally got the happiness she always wanted.

The End.