Chapter 9: Just Friends?

The boys had to go on another tour, so while they were on tour, I decided to do some wedding planning. I already knew I wanted it to be a beach wedding, and my dress was going to be a strapless dress, and the flowers were going to be orchids. I had an idea of the guest list. I had to make sure there was a list at the front door and the details were a secret, or else Directioners would show up and stop the wedding, or whatever.

I really missed Lou, so I decided to call him.

“Hey it’s Louis! I can’t come to the phone, so leave a message…”

“Hey Boo! I know you’re probably busy, but when you get this, could you call me? I miss you. Actually, just call me when you get the chance. I love you. Bye!” I hung up. He’d call me later. I know it. 

I went to a dress store with Maddie to try on some wedding dresses. Maddie also had to pick out her maid of honor dress. Maddie thought it would be a cute idea to have the bridesmaids wear a dress similar to the one I wore when Lou proposed, but since he wouldn’t answer his phone, we couldn’t ask him where he got it. Either way, there was a dress very similar at the store we were at, so we got the dress in all the girls sizes. I found a dress that I really liked, and I figured I should get it for the wedding, but I’d wait to see if there was any other dresses I liked more than this one. 

Just then, Maddie’s phone rang. And trust me, now is when it gets all sorts of confusing.

“Hello? Oh, hey Hazza. What? Oh we are just shopping for wedding dresses for Lou and Hunter. Uh, NO you can’t see a picture until we walk down that aisle looking SMOKING HOT! I;m kidding, I’ll probably look a mess. Awwwh Harry! You’re so sweet. You with Louis? What? You guys have a day off here in London….? Oh. Hunter said Louis wouldn’t answer his phone all day, I kinda figured he was busy. Okay, well, I’ll let you go, see you at the house? Okay, bye I love you.” She hung up.

“So uhm….guess the boys have a day off here in London….” Maddie said slowly.

“I heard….” I replied.

“Why don’t you go home and try to call him? Maybe he didn’t have service when you called him” Maddie said. We said our goodbye’s and headed home. 

I pulled up into the driveway, and didn’t see Louis’s car. I was kind of disappointed, I was hoping he’d be here. I walked up our driveway and turned the key in the lock, and tried to open the door. Turns out the door was unlocked to begin with, which was weird, because I ALWAYS locked the door. I unlocked it again and opened the door.

I seriously could not believe what I saw. Our living room couch is facing the wall opposite the door, so Louis had his back turned to me. But the thing was, it wasn’t just him. There was a girl sitting on the couch with him, and Lou had his arm around her. She had long brown hair, perfect figure, long legs, and a GORGEOUS face. She leaned her head down on Lou’s shoulder and he smiled. More than he did around me.

“Uhmm….nice to see your having a good time Lou…..” I said. He immediately jumped up and looked at me.

“Hunter…it’s not what it looks like. Eleanor is just a friend, nothing more. She came over while I was waiting to surprise you  and we were watching a movie while we waited.” He said.

“Yeah, and I have a talking ninja unicorn named Malcolm who pees Starbucks.” I took the ring off my finger and threw it at his feet. I ran up the stairs, grabbed a bag, and grabbed a few tshirts, a few pairs of pants and some pajamas.

“I’ll come back for the rest of my stuff later. Bye Louis. Hope you and Eleanor have a wonderful life together!” I started to walk out the door, but Louis put his hand on the door frame and blocked me.

“Hunter….you aren’t going anywhere. Nothing. Happened. If you leave…..I don’t know what I’d do. Eleanor and I…..She liked me in High School and I turned her down. She asked me out right before The X Factor when she had started becoming big as a model, and I STILL turned her down. I don’t like her, and never will. Wanna know why? Because you and I are getting married, and when I gave you that ring on top of the Eiffel Tower, I promised you that I’d love you for the rest of my life. And I am determined to keep that promise. Now, put your ring back on, put those clothes back, and come downstairs and watch Grease with me. Eleanor is leaving, and we are going to spend my day off together.” Louis said.

I seriously had no idea what to say, so I just grabbed the ring from his hand and slid it back on to my finger. I kissed him and went to put my stuff away, and wanted to enjoy the rest of the day with my soon-to-be husband. I wasn’t ever going to doubt his love again, and I made THAT promise to myself.