Tate Langdon

I breathed in deeply before knocking on the old wooden door. It had been so long since I had appeared to anyone in the house let alone the living. Though I was only doing it before for one reason.

"Hello?" The blonde woman living in our home answered the door. Vivian.

I pulled my face into a smile and greeted her kindly "Hi. I live next door and I wanted to welcome you to the community"

Vivian smiled letting go of the door for it to open wider "That's very kind of you"

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner or that my parents couldn't greet you themselves--" jeez, Y/n, stop sounding so posh "they work a lot and I assumed before they asked me they had already said something" I shrugged lightly.

The woman nodded before looking behind her "Would you like to come in? I could make coffee? -- juice? Would juice be better?"

I tried not to grin at her awkward invite and instead nodded "Coffee sounds good"

She gestured for me to come in, which I did, before shutting the door behind me. "Excuse the boxes, my husband hasn't put them away yet"

I shook my head not minding the mess I had been living in anyway. "You're house is.... Very beautiful" I complimented, my eyes wandering around. I was trying to act as a person who hadn't seen the house for the last decade.

"Beautiful but creepy" Vivan chuckled placing the kettle on. "How do you take it?"

"Milk, two sugars please" I answered standing by the island.

"Mrs Harmon if you want coffee I would happily make it" Moira stated walking in without spotting me yet.

"I'll make it for the guest and I" The blonde shook her head.

Moira turned to me confused before recognising me "What are you doing here?"

"Do you two know each other?" Vivian questioned, puzzled, as she glanced between us.

"I used to live here" I revealed. I wasn't exactly lying, I mean I didn't live here when I was alive but there wasn't any leaving after what happened.

Vivian's eyes widened and something in her mannerisms changed. Leaning closer, she gulped "Did you know about everything?? The murders?"

I bit my lip and nodded "I know now. I was younger when we lived here and my parents didn't say anything"

"Did anything happen?" Vivian stressed.

"Just your usual haunting. My parents got fed up and moved" I shrugged. "Why? Anything happening to you?"

Vivian was quiet as she leaned back and shook her head "Same as you"

Moira pursed her lips before looking to her employer "Violet wanted to tell you she's not feeling too well"

I tried not to grimace at the girl's name, she was after all why I was doing all this.... The ugly bitch.

"Okay I'll check on her in a minute"

"I can go if this isn't a good time" I replied.

I liked Moira... She was kind and didn't deserve the fate she was given here but I still wasn't comfortable with her potentially messing with my plans.

"No, no it's okay. I'll give her some medicine. I would really love to talk more" Vivian stated. I knew she only wanted to speak on matters of the house but that might help me drive them out.

"Keep Y/n company will I quickly check on her" Vivian asked Moira before passing me my coffee. Moira nodded and the blonde moved away from the kitchen.