Colby Brock 11

Colby's POV;

"Baby?" My girlfriend, Y/n, asked from beside me on the bed, taking me partly out of my sleep.

"Mhmm" I hummed back not opening my eyes but trying to focus on her voice.

"I like your blue hair the best" she mumbled.

"Yeah?" I asked in an amused tone, still in my half sleep mode.

"... Yeah, it makes your eyes more noticeable and I can see your soul better" Y/n muttered and I raised my eyebrows with a small chuckle. "Never change, Colby, you have such a kind and beautiful soul"

Her sappy words made me think she was joking around so I opened my eyes to look at her with a smile. But when I did, I noticed she was just staring at the ceiling with a solemn expression.

"You okay, baby girl?" I asked reaching out a hand and caressing her cheek.

"You'll always remember me right?" She asked, turning to look at me with slightly worried eyes.

"What? Baby, why would I need to remember you? You're always gonna be by my side" I reassured, pressing a small kiss to her lips.

"Cole..." She sighed giving me a soft gaze "I love you so much, thank you for everything. I'll see you soon, okay, just stay strong for me"

"I- Y/n, I d-don't understand" I stuttered. She was acting like she was going to die.

Suddenly my vision started to blur and I watched as her eyes dimed, her body going limp and lifeless in my hold.

"Y/n!" I shouted shaking her, whilst trying to ignore the pounding headache.

"Y/n!!" I repeated louder. She wasn't responding or moving and it was starting to really worry me.

She couldn't be dead, she just couldn't. I continued to pry at her, my eyes filling with tears as I shouted out again and again.

"No, Y/n!!!"

The headache only got worse longer this went on, with a ringing in my ears joining it.

"Come back! Come back! Y/n, no! No... no...."

My vision completely went and I was greeted by darkness for a long moment. Breathing heavily, my eyes suddenly shot open and my senses were bombarded.

The bright white lights were dancing above my head as I looked around the mostly white hospital room. Gripping onto the arms of the chair I was in, I watched in horror as the line on the heart monitor went flat.

The machines surrounding her bed started to go crazy with beeping and flashing red lights. And I couldn't help but sit frozen in fear as a bunch of nurses and doctors ran in to her aid.

Time slowed and quickened at random paces and times, but before I knew it she was pronounced dead....

With a small intake of breath, I let the tears I had held in fall from my eyes and hit the floor in small splashes. The nurses and doctors stepped back giving me apologies and sorry looks as I walked up and held her lifeless hand.

"I love you and I promise I'll never forget you"

A/N:

I'm crying so hard rn. Why did I write this!!??