Stiles Stilinski

Request from Anonymous:

I sat there on the hood of his old but deeply loved blue jeep, watching his figure shaking in front of me. His deep brown eyes raced across the sea of people in a crowd around us. Screams of terror and pain filled our ears, strangers and loved ones running for their lives. No one had figured out what the threat was yet but it was like a chain reaction, one person screamed and ran and so the next and the next...

I knew he wasn't looking for me, sitting there waiting for him and peacefully watching the bodies run to their cars and hide. I knew he was looking for her. She was all he ever thought about and yet my mind couldn't let go the thought of him.

And like a fire burning in a winter storm, my eyes locked onto her firey locks, searching the crowd for her counterpart. Those stupid checkered shirts, messy grown out buzz cut hair, loving brown eyes.... And a glowing human soul. Any sign of him.

It didn't take long for Stiles to spot her too and race to meet her in the slowly depleting crowd. Humming to myself, I lowered my gaze catching a glimpse of the soulmates crashing together, holding each other tight.

Breathing in shakily, I bit my lip and blinked away the tears. He wasn't looking for me, no one was. Allison and Scott stood strong together looking for the threat. Derek and Peter positioned ready to fight together. The three betas, Isaac, Erica and Boyd huddled close for comfort, whislt ready to attack.

And there I was lost in the sea of irrelevant humans, watching over all of them. Some would find it poet that the Angel was the one alone... But not for me.

Taking one last glance at the boy I loved, gripping Lydia with the hope of protecting her I knew what I had to do. 

I did not belong here.

None of them understood the threat I had brung here... I was the one who had to save them. But in that I had to give my greatest sacrifice.

Some say an Angel is nothing without their wings... But him. He compared to a thousand of them and he was worth it all.

Gently I slide off the hood of his jeep, running my fingers along the rusting blue paint one last time. My eyes sweeping across the carpark mentally saying goodbye, none of them noticed me however. Sighing I brought my eyes up, the sky was clear of clouds but the inviting warmth of the sun was void. A blanket of darkness had been cast over us.

Slowly stepping towards the middle, the carpark now empty of anyone unknowing of the supernatural, I rasied my arms. White wings sprung out rising with my hands as I stood proud.

My eyes locked onto Stiles again, this time he was the only one watching me. He was smart enough to understand what was coming. Those brown eyes widening with realisation, his lips parting in shock and his heart sinking in pain. It was too late.

The monster had also laid his eyes upon his target, me.

"... Y/n"

A flash brushed past each side of me, to the naked eye it could have been mistaken for a trick of the light but I knew better. It was quicker than light, it was more precise that God's knife and I had let it take me. I felt nothing until the crash of my wings hitting the floor sounded.

Pain cascaded along my back branching out through my limbs and towards my burning head. All I could do was let out an earth shattering scream, one beating that of the strongest Banshee, and let the light escape from me.

The monster may have thought it won but by taking the most precious and powerful part of an Angel it had sacrificed itself. Much like me.

"No!" Stiles screamed out letting go of Lydia and rushing towards me.

The light continued to pour out, my eyes glowing with the golden fire running through my veins. The motlen gold crawled along the floor trapping the shadowy beast in it tallons and killing it.

"No, no, no..." Stiles continued to muttered, his eyes over flowing with tears.

I smiled before whispering "Will you stand by me? Cause I'm a young girl built to fall"

And with that I fell, my head hitting the cold concrete beside my fallen wings.