Colby Brock 15

Humming to the tune of the song in my headphones I didn't even notice as Colby walked up to me. That was until he wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled the headphones out of my ears.

"Hey, bestie" Colby greeted resting his chin on my shoulder as I continued to make my coffee.

"Hiya, Colbs" I replied, turning my head to look at his tired morning face. "You're too cute" I teased before pressing a kiss to his cheek and continuing with what I was doing.

Colby and I aren't together but god do I wish we were. We've always been extremely tactile and often get confused as a couple not only by the fans but also strangers. I mean.... I think he likes me back... Why else would he act like my boyfriend all the time?

Sighing internally I leaned back into his warm embrace as he spoke up again.

"I'm gonna tell you something but I don't want you to freak out" Colby explained before pulling away and leaning on the counter next to me.

I finished stiring and placed the spoon down before I looked back up to him. "I promise not to freak out" I replied.

His face was covered in worry which he was terrible at hiding, I just hope I was better at acting than him. My heart was jumping out of my chest whilst shouting that he was going to ask me out. I really wish he was.

Gripping my hands into fists at my sides I waited anxiously for him to speak.

"So... I kinda have this crush.... But I'm not sure if she feels the same way" He told me quietly, not really glancing my way.

She

That's a good sign

I nodded for him to continue which the brunette did.

"And seeing as you knew her I thought you might maybe know if she likes me back?"

I know her

Also a good sign

Smiling awkwardly, he gave me his best puppy dog eyes which made me melt.

"I can't tell you if I don't know who it is" I laughed, trying to calm the butterflies in my stomach.

"It's... She's....." he hesitated closing his eyes.

Come on

Come on!

"Amber"

WHAT!?

"Oh...."

"Oh? Oh what!? Is that bad? Does she hate me?--" Colby started to ramble his voice breaking when he said the word hate.

"-- No, no Colby! It's just... It's nothing, don't worry" I sighed turning away and picking up my drink. "And yeah... She likes you"

I quickly walked away but I didn't get far before Colby caught up and held my arm.

"Hey, Y/n, stop. What's wrong?" He asked trailing his hand down to hold mine.

Right there and then I was just so close to breaking down and confessing... But I couldn't that wouldn't be right.

"We're gonna change" I stated taking my hand away from his.

"What?" he asked, frowning his eyebrows at me.

"Well, I can't exactly wear your hoodies if you guys are dating. Or kiss your cheek, or sit on your lap and you can't kiss my forehead or let me cuddle with you in your bed after a nightmare or hug me from behind..."

Don't cry

Don't. Cry.

"Why not!?" He protested and I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously Colby, how would Amber feel if we were acting like that!?" I stressed.

Colby took a step back and looked down, knowing I was right.

"... Sorry, I'll be happy for you it'll just take a little bit of time" I took a deep breath in before trying to go again and this time he didn't stop me.

Heading up the stairs I quickly entered my room before flopping down onto my bed. God why doesn't he like me! Letting the tears finally fall I stuffed my head into my pillow and cried silently until no more tears fell.

Why won't he ever love me

I'm not even half as pretty

He likes her better

How could I hate her, she's such an angel

But then again I kinda wish she were dead