Hey Stranger ~ Alec Lightwood X Reader (C)

(Play song, it's what Alec's thinking while you're gone... Kinda)

I took in a deep breath, giving Magnus one last reassuring glance before stepping into the purple apparition.

I had portaled to the institute, and as I arrived I could already feel my stomach lurching and my head spinning. I settled my ragged breathing as my sight cleared, revealing the institute, which hadn't seemed to change in the last 3 years.

"Oh my god! Y/N!!" There was a shout from behind me, a voice I instantly recognised.

I turned round to see Isabelle, my parabatai, with tears in her eyes. The sight made myself come to tears, as I coughed at the lump in my throat. After a moment she ran forward enveloping me into a hug, tight enough to suffocate me but I held her just as tight.

"God. I missed you" I cried as she pulled back slightly.

"I knew you weren't gone, I felt our bond still but please. Never. Ever. Do that again!" She scolded, shimmering trails streaking her cheeks. The Lightwood sighed pulling me into another hug as I heard a small gasp escape from someone else's lips.

"Y/n/n?" The voice was barely above a whisper.

I pulled away from Isabelle and turned round to Jace, and a red headed girl beside him. "Hey Stranger" I laughed and he ran at me picking me up with his strong arms and spinning me around.

"By the Angel, do that again and you're dead, for real" He shouted but I could tell he was happy to have me back. "I'm glad you're safe" Jace added setting me back down on my feet.

There was a cough from behind the blonde boy and I realised we were completely forgetting about the red head. "Oh, Y/n this is Clary" Isabelle commented.

I held my hand out "Nice to met you, I'm Y/n Hellshade. An ironic name I know" I chuckled but I felt as if something was missing

Clary laughed lightly but there was jealousy in her eyes as she looked between how close Jace and I were,

"Another Shadowhunter? " She asked and I nodded.

"She new?" I asked looking to Jace, he nodded. "What did I tell you about strays?" I joked but there was a serious undertone.

"Yeah, yeah judge me all you want" He knocked into my side.

"Anyway... Has anyone seen Alexander?" I asked sheepishly.

The adoptive siblings looked to one another uneasy, as Clary was looking on oblivious.

"Maybe we should wait to tell Alec" Izzy suggest as another voice rung out.

"Wait to tell me what?" a deep voice asked, it was obvious he hadn't spotted me yet but that sweet bliss would soon be over. "Oh.." And there it was.

My e/c eyes met his hazel ones and the tattoed boy stopped walking. "Is this some kind of joke" he hissed, looking me up and down.

"Alec--" he cut me off,

"No who ever you are un glamour now, this is severely uncalled for" he order his voice firm.

"Alexander--" Izzy started but again the boy cut in.

"UN GLAMOUR NOW!" he shouted, ignoring his sister and staring deep into my soul, there was pain clear in his voice. Clary was confused standing beside Jace, who was frowning.

"A it's me" I tried to reason with him.

"Don't." He closed his eyes, trying to calm himself "Don't you dare use that nickname you have no right!" The Lightwood seethed his voice quieter for the sake of the others around him working. "Jace, sort them out, I can't deal with this right now" Alec turned to his brother before rolling his eyes and walking out.