𝘊𝘩 1 : First and Foremost.

[Edited on 11/12/2022.]

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Sigh...

Looking all over the empty room, Darkness covered the majority of it as candles and some bulbs of light scatter in some parts of the room. Some lit and some not.

On the carpeted ground, Papers, Documents and the imperial seal laid unchecked and unprotected. A quill and a fountain pen rest upon a desk near the mess of documents on the ground...

A tired male groaned in discomfort, leaning back into his chair. Looking at his empty office, The golden chandelier in the center of the room, The couches below it, The excessive and extravagant feature designs on the wall...

It all seem to get him as lonely as he could.

' How long have I been working...? '

He deeply sighed, taking his advanced "phone" as it slightly blinded him by the sudden light.

' 7... no... 9 hours already? '

He closed the device and sighed once more. He had been stuck in that office for 9 hours already. Being and Emperor sure is no joke...

Yes... He was the emperor.

To be more particular, Emperor Asean of the Empire of SEA. The one who had united the whole entirety of south east asia under one empire... Just by being born an organization, he took his power and authority to another level...

He had stopped writing early on, his wrist was already killing him, as well as his legs that hadn't been moved for hours, as he was seated in that chair for who knows hours.

He took off his silver glasses, designed with small silver chains and decorations, and placed them down on the desk. Trying to stand up, he felt wobbly in the first try but still managed to stand up and regain his composure...

With the moonlight peeking at the windows of his room, Asean figured that it was too late to call for a servant to accompany him or a palace guard to escort him back to his chambers... He took a lit candle and went out of his way...

"Such a peaceful night..."

He whispered...

"..."

His feet suddenly stopped at a table placed on the side of the hallway.

A large painting placed on the wall. His coronation painting to be precise...

Asean didn't mind the painting of himself and looked down to the table. Pictures of him happily smiling together with smaller figures, made him smile sincerely that the painting up on the wall.

"Four months... "

He recounted...

"How I missed these faces..."

The monarch smiled taking a slightly large picture frame of him and a couple of children with him. His kids... Be it real or adopted, he had these children inside of his heart.