𝘊𝘩 14: Who You Are.

[ Edited on 11/04/23 ]

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

On a single platform, isolated with only a table and a microphone. Standing alone with cuffed hands, He had been looking down to the ground letting his red hair cover most of his face... 

Clenching his own hand behind his back, his nails digging through his palm as blood was dripping to the floor. Biting his lip as he trembled in fear...

' How did it come to this... ' He though, Supressing the sadness overwheming his thoughts...

"Khmer Rouge."

A strict, authoritative voice echoed thoughout the room. He flinched, fully knowing who had called his name.

His crimson eyes trembled as they glance up. A circular set of seats with a grand throne on a high balcony placed ways before him, with prominent cities and humans seated on each available chairs surrounding him, staring down at him with all mixed emotions. 

A cold sweat went down his spine. Sending him shivers.

Asean had a clear aura of aggravation. He sat on his place on the high balcony. His face prominent of his anger, knowing that one of his children was in the Imperial Court Room.

"Do you know what you've done, Khmer?"

He was questioned. The monarch narrowed his eyes to the poor boy on the platform.

Swallowing his saliva, knowing he did wrong yet though, someone needed to know the truth. With Pride, He looked up to Asean, with fear and determination, he replied;

"I have not. Simply putting it, I don't have any wrong to confess."

Staring back at the terrifying presence of Asean, Khmer resisted his fright by still digging his nails inside his skin. Letting his clear blood drip to the floor starting a small pond.

The City humans, Government officials and human nobles started whispering to one another. Seeing that the one that is being treated like a criminal was a royalty of SEA and one of the prime heirs to the throne, specifically, One of the eldest heirs.

"Your Majesty, I beg to differ."

Asean signaled the rival opposition and turned his gaze towards his son on the center platform.

"Khmer. Do you know what you did wrong?"

This time the boy didn't answer. He truly didn't know why he was there nor was he being framed. He was weak, he knew, but he needed to stand still and strong.

"Carry on, plaintiff."

"Your Majesty..."

 A Servant, serving within the imperial family for years, tried to reason with the emperor yet Asean seemed to not listen as he held the court session further. The case continued on and the young boy said not a word and kept his mouth shut.

Khmer already felt the heavy feeling bringing him down each second and every hour they extend the session, as though, he was trying so hard stopping himself from collapsing to the floor.