𝐶ℎ 13: The Empty Throne.

[ Edited on 09/23/23. ]

*+:。.。  。.。:+*

"Your Majesty!"

The head servant of the palace, young as his time, went and came close to Asean. A letter sealed with a young noble's stamp, still wet from the wax it was sealed with...

"We just received news... "

The expression of the servant dropped as the coldness of the room hightened with the strong storm raging outside the palace windows.

"Read it to me."

Asean never came to look at his servant, and remained standing still with his back faced the man. His faced filled with guilt as he hears the seat being torn from the paper envelope held by his servant aide.

"Glory and Blessings upon the Sun of the Empire, Your Majesty The Emperor. By your order, We have been under the command of finding His Highness, The Crown Prince..."

Hitching his breath, Asean could barely hide it to himself. The doubt, regret and guilt swallowing his hope upon learning a lie to which he believed to be the truth, but it was not...

"...I regret to inform His Majesty, After a month of search, we had only been recovered the bloodied shoulder insignia of the Crown Prince near the cliff towards the border to the Northern countries, as well as his shoes."

The beating of his heart as it pounded against his chest, hurted him. Worry and Guilt coming over him as his reality became unstable and his vision became two and back again to one...

"Thank You. You can return to your duties now."

He huffed, holding his chest tight as his heavy breathing became more imminent to the other.

"Sire?"

Asean never turned to the servant to recognize his worry for him. He ran away, rather, walked away, only to run away from the truth he was facing right now...

That His Heir, Child, Son and Eldest is not around any longer to comfort him nor audience him with his presence and aura.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Is that really you, Brother...?"

Free Thai trembled as her hand gently caressed the man's face. Her eyes welled up in tears as they hastily slid on her face down to her chin.

"How can I lie to you, My lovely sister?"

"Brother Lan? How? When? You died..."

Martial Law muttered, loud enough to be heard by the man himself and gain his attention.

"I never died, Martial. Otherwise, I would merely be an illusion to the both of you right now."

A slight chuckle escaped his lips. Gracing his lips was a little smile, putting his hands on the two siblings' heads weakly, giggling at times as they stare at him with surprised faces.