𝐶ℎ 12: Upheaval.

[ Edited on 4/21/2023 ]

.·:*¨ ༺ ༻ ¨*:·.

Watching from far away, having the bright lights envelope his lonely aura. Asean sat on a luxurious chair decorated with bits of gold and the most expensive wood in the region, as to giving notice to his quiet nature at the moment.

With his eyes narrowed down to slits, His goden eyes stared down from the balcony he was on to the middle of the stadium or the middle of Center Isle. Catching glimpses of the human's assaigned by his council to lead and arrange the event perfectly.

Having the lively crowd fill up Center Isle, people from local cities and town up to the foreigners of other nations, came and gathered together to watch the games. Surely, Center Isle was just perfect for these type of crowds, as it was purposely built that way.

"Your Majesty, Do you find anything that displeases you?"

One of the Emperor's guard stepped forward, His head towards the ground, bowing to the superiority of Asean on the throne. 

Humming in response, Asean did have a lot on his mind after being reported that some of his children had gone missing for hours only to be found within the gardens of his late spouse's garden, laying unconscious as some are still not showing any signs of waking up.

Yet, He supressed the feeling of worry as he watched from afar. He needed to be strong, even just for a while...

"Father... Is it true that we weren't originally an empire?"

Groaning, He was about to stand up and leave. His presence wasn't really needed except for the opening speech but in an overall aspect he was also one of the audience. 

"Your Majesty...?"

"How many performances were put in place before the foreign countries come in?"

Not sparing a glance to the soldier as to keeping a close eye to those in the fielded stage and the crowd that is still calming down after going wild for a minute...

"As we were informed by Her Excellency, the Prime Minister; there are about 6 performances in total before the guests of honours comes in."

Respectively, the soldier backed down after bowing, returning to their place behind Asean's seat...

"I see..."

"Is there anything that is bothering you, Your Majesty?"

"I am getting the feeling of something that isn't to go as originally planned..."

With concered looks, the emperor's personal soldiers nodded at each othet to ask one more question.

"Shall we get the ministers to recheck everything?"

"No. No need."

Asean shook his head lightly returning his gaze back to the field.

As the performances started to commence one by one, Asean rested his head to his hand that was sitting on his chair's arms... Becoming uncomfortable each minute, His wavering conscience bothered him every second that it can.