𝐶ℎ 8: The Countdown.

[ Edited on 01/09/2023 ]

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

Several days had passed since the unfortunate incident with the celebration of the Heirs return.

The SEA Heirs were immediately taken into their royal duties, such as; Fencing, Studying, Etiquette training, Political debates and so on and so forth...

During their Fencing Class, All younger heirs were taken by their personal servants and aides to an underground facility made to look like an arena for their "special" type of training...

Every Eldest Heirs were to be excluded from such classes, due to them being the Body of the Imperial Court.

"It is quite good training individually, unlike in the southern villa. However, why do we have to be put under restraint?"

Singapore, 6th heir to the throne, Swiftly moved his weapon of choice to the practice dummy. Slashing the surface of it and somehow "injuring" the skin of the object.

"Firstly, Drop your awkward speech manner. And second, Father most likely put a restraint due to the previous Imperial games event."

Frowning, Malaysia let her tongue click, seeing that her aim was slightly off and the bullet she released from her gun was not in the place she wanted it to.

"Ah Yes, The first Imperial Games."

"Why wonder about such things, when Eldest Brothers and Elder Sister won't be joining the event."

10th heir to the throne, Vietnam, sighed. Wondering what to choose as her weapon for practice.

"Yes?!"

"It is quite natural for them to not participate... Given their current positions. It is understandable."

With this, they all went on with their training, with a little spice of discussions in between.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

Asean walked into a dark, blue lit room,, projections of maps, countless changing numbers, graphs and marked areas show up one by one as he passed by them...

Stopping to a black railing, He put his hand onto it. The cold sensation of the metal came to his warm hand. Looking up, A large screen placed with several smaller holographic screens floating around, The Map of South East Asia placed on the middle with three red dots placed on it.

"Your Majesty! Greetings to the Sun of the Empire."

"Yes, Yes. What is the situation on the ground?"

Waving his hand on the commanding soldier, He stared intently towards the screen.

"We have located two of their fallen grace. Yet, We are still unable to determine the location of the final one."

The monarch tightened his grip on the railing, narrowing his eyes as his brows frown in disappointment...

"And the Status of locating the Lower Sun?"

"Apologies, Your Majesty. The Intelligence agency have yet to confirm their findings."

Sighing, Asean couldn't help but put on a sad smile, as he nodded the soldier for his report. The soldier saluted, returning to his section thereafter.

How... How long are you─

Suddenly, A head ache stormed Asean's head, His hearing slowly descending into endless ringing, As his body weakened that he lowered his head near to the railings...

"Ah... Agh."

He let out quiet whimpers, as he held his head with one hand, shaking his head in expection of releasing some of the ache.

"Your Majesty? Are you quite alright?"

A Servant noticed and came forward to help their Majesty.

"Yes, I am fine. Thank you for asking, dear."

Asean brushed it off, Not worrying the people in the room any further, even if his headache was spreading to the rest his head in a rapid pace with more worsen pain. Smiling, He left the room quickly after informing the commanding soldier to report to him any leads they find...

Yet, He found himself holding his head once again and leaning onto a wall, Sweating cold beads going down his face.

This wasn't the first time it occured. It all started after the... Time he went out of control in the past.

"Ugh..."

Feeling nauseous, The emperor retreated back to his chambers, hoping no one saw this weakened state of him, or it will taint the family name of his.

After quickly taking his medicine, Asean laid his head on his sheets, Not caring if his knees was on the carpeted ground and kneeling. His face was already buried into the white sheets.

A habit of his, since early childhood.

Patting the surface of his bed, He felt a cold object touch his palm. Looking over he saw it was some kind of locket. Sitting up, He curiously wiped his thumb over the delicate designs of the locket. Golden and carved into it was the symbol of the Asean Empire.

"What is this...?"

Opening it, He saw the picture of him and his late spouse, with an additional of a quote;

In Sickness and in Health, Till Death do apart.

How cringey , He thought, laughing to himself, touching the blue coloured jewel placed on the other side of the locket.

As soon as he touched it, Music started playing, a soft melody rang into his ears. Voices and laughs started echoing as he started seeing images of the past.

"What is this..."

Tears started forming on the edges of his eyes, going down his delicate skin to his chin, leaving marks of remembrance behind...

"How unexpected... To be gifted at this time."

A figure loomed over behind the slightly opened doors to the emperor's chamber. Looking worryingly over the weeping Asian. It soon made its way out of the door's sight and into the darkness, disappearing.

"I had thought I ordered you only to built an artificial machine. Now this is making me cry..."

Asean giggled quietly, wiping his tears from his face as he hears the voices of his kids when they were young by the locket's projection.