Part #1

Dream didn't like his grandparents house at first. That was, until he met George.

It all started when Dream's Grandmother passed away. Dream missed her greatly, and decided to move into her house so it could stay in the family.

The night he got there, he noticed some strange things. He would hear the sounds of metal clinking, light footsteps, and fabric being dragged across the floor.

Dream chalked it up to nothing and forced himself to fall asleep.

The next day was rather productive. Dream finished unpacking, cleaned the house up, and explored the nearby town a little.

The night was when things got weird.

Dream was lying in bed, finishing up a chapter in his book, when he heard something. The sound of a piano.

Dream was certain he had turned off the TV. Then, a melancholy song interrupted his thoughts.

The voice sang of corruption and loss. The betrayal of family and downfall of heroes.

It was a beautiful voice, honeyed and modulated. Dream felt compelled to walk towards it. He let his impulses control him.

Dream found himself stood at the doorway to the study. Fear rose in his chest as he reached for the handle. He turned it slowly and just barely peaked inside.

What he saw made him freeze instantly.

There was a man around his age sat at the old grand piano. He wore a king's outfit. A red cloak draped over his shoulders, and a crown placed atop his head.

Up close, his voice wad even more silvery and honey dipped. "And with malice in his eyes, he shot his final arrow, and watched my demise," he sang.

Then Dream noticed something, the man was completely transparent. One of his eyes was a pale white while the other was dark brown.

Dream gasped on instinct, then instantly cover his mouth, realizing what he'd done.

The man froze. He turned from the piano to the doorway. "I don't suppose you can see me, can you?"

Dream swallowed nervously. "N-no, I can," he stuttered. The man looked taken aback. "Oh," he said, "You're, um, not supposed to be able to."

"Yeah, I kinda got that," Dream blurted out sarcastically. The man laughed lightly. "I suppose you think you're dreaming or something right now?" he inquired.

Dream nodded. "That, or a king broke into my grandmother's house to play her piano." Dream received another gentle laugh.

"Your grandmother could see me too," the man said. "It must run in the family." Dream nodded nervously.

"You can come a little closer, I won't hurt you." Dream reluctantly walked into the room. "It's been a while, Dream," the man stated, looking him up and down.

"How do you know my name?" Dream asked. "Like I said, your grandmother and I were good friends."

"Well since you have my name, may I have yours?" Dream asked. "George," the man replied, "I'd shake your hand, but I really don't think it would work that well."

"So are you like a ghost or..?" George gave a wistful smile. "I suppose that's what I am."

Dream decided that he was going to go to sleep and try to process that entire conversation. However, he had one request.

"Can you please keep singing?" Dream asked. "You have a really nice voice."

George smiled and continued playing the piano, his voice soon filled the air. Yet now, he sang a soft song, it reminded Dream vaguely of a lullaby.

Dream walked down the hall to the bedroom, and he fell asleep to the soft sound of George's voice.

Author's Note: Part 2 will come out soon. Don't be a ghost reader, (See what I did there? *Wink Wink*) if you enjoyed please leave a vote or comment!