Part #21

Fun fact, I wasn't sure what constellations to have them look at, so they're actually the ones that were out the night I wrote this (June-20-2021)
Also, this has a lot of dialogue (all of the chapters do but there's more than usual) because I wanted to really build the characters in this one before they meet Dream's mom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Dream awoke, it was well past sundown. the stars could be seen shining through the windows. Dream looked down to see George, still reading comfortably.

"Hi, babe," Dream said, placing his head on George's shoulder.

George jumped, surprised by Dream's sudden wake.

"Oh, look who's up," he smiled, ruffling Dream's hair.
Dream smiled, "Why are you still awake?"
"I always stay up this late."
"Why."
"I like the night I guess."
"You're a strange guy, you know that."
"You're not exactly the object of normalcy yourself."

George stood up and held out his hand to Dream. "Come look at the stars with me."

Dream took his hand and followed him out the back door. They sat down on the back porch, hands intertwined. George leaned his head on Dream's shoulder.

"Do you know any constellations, George?"
"I learned all of them when I was younger because my friend really liked them."
"You learned all of the constellations for a friend, just because they liked them?"
"Yeah."
"God, the world doesn't deserve you."
"Says the one that brought a random ghost back to life."
"That's different, you wanted to be alive."
"Sure."

Dream rolled his eyes, yet he had a smile that showed he had fallen deep into love. Too deep to be pulled back out.

"That one's Aquarius," George said, pointing toward a selection of stars, "And next to it is Capricorn."

George moved a little to get a better view of the sky.

"There's Ursa Major and Minor," he scanned the sky closer, "there's Sagittarius. That's all I can see from here."

Dream nodded. "You know, you're really cute when you talk about your interest, you should do it more."
George's cheeks tinted red, he elbowed Dream. "Oh, hush."
"It's true."
"I stop cooking and let you live off of cheese and bread forever."
"Please don't."

George laughed, covering his hand with his mouth. Dream gently pulled his hand away from his mouth.

"I love your smile, stop trying to hide it."

George's face got even pinker.  "Shut up," he said jokingly nudging Dream again. Dream laughed lightly.

George laid down on the concrete, resting his head on Dream's lap.

"Tell me about stars and constellations and stuff," Dream said, running his hand through George's hair.

"What do you wanna know?"
"What's your favorite constellation?"
"I like Taurus."
"Why?"
"It's your zodiac sign."

Dream smiled. "What's your favorite planet?"
"Jupiter, they say that if there was an ocean big enough to hold it, it would float. Also, I like Neptune, but that's just a Greek mythology thing."

"I didn't know you were interested in Greek mythology," Dream said, continuing to play with George's hair, pushing it out of his face so he could see his kind blue and brown eyes.

"I've always liked Greek stories," George explained.
"What's your favorite one?"

George thought for a moment, "There's this one where Artemis, goddess of the hunt and creator of the Hunters of Artemis, caught a male hunter looking at her hunters in a hot spring. She then turned him into a deer and skinned him before wearing his pelt as a coat."

"That's... nice..."
"Yeah, Greek mythology is kinda weird."
"Who's your favorite Greek god?"
"Pan, god of the wild."
"Why?"
"He was just kinda chill, he didn't really do much but yell at random people in the woods. That's how the word 'panic' was created."
"I- what?"
"Yeah, I don't understand either."

Dream shook his head in loving disbelief. "How did I end up with someone so perfect?" he asked himself.

"I also really like Hestia. I don't know why, I just think she's nice."
"Do you know any stories about her?"
"She gave up her seat in Olympus to Dionysus because there can only be twelve Olympians and she felt he deserved it."
"She sounds a lot nicer than the other ones."
"Yeah, they all kinda suck, except for Hestia and sometimes Artemis."

And they continued like that for what felt like only a minute to them but was truly two hours.

"We should probably head in now," Dream said, peering into the window to see that the clock read: 2:00 A.M.

George and Dream noticed just how tired the brunet was. He rubbed his eyes but had to hold onto the wall so he didn't fall over.

Dream stood and picked up George easily.
"Whoah-" George wrapped his arms around Dream's neck to secure himself, earning a chuckle from Dream.

"C'mon, we're goin' to bed."
"I don't have much of a choice."
"That's fair."

Dream walked into the bedroom and put George down on the bed. Dream then sat down next to George on the edge of the bed.

George rested his head on Dream's chest.

"I love you," he mumbled.
"I love you too," Dream said, placing a kiss on George's forehead.

Eventually, they curled up in bed and fell asleep, the words "I love you" echoing in their minds.