Part #2

The next morning, Dream was reminded of that nights occurrences by the sound of a piano. At first, he once again thought that it was just the TV. Then, the memories come flooding back to him.

He wandered down the hallway, half awake. Dream pushed open the door to the study gingerly.

George sat, just where he had been that night. He played a different song though, one that sounded stronger. As if instead of lulling someone to sleep, it was willing then awake.

George turned to face Dream. "So, you really are real," Dream said. To which, George nodded politely. "Indeed, I am."

"Do you mind if I ask you something?" Dream inquired. George twirled a piece of his hair between his thumb and index finger. "Depends on what it is," he decided.

"How did you die?" Dream's voice echoed around the empty room. George stood. "Follow me," he instructed.

He and George walked towards the closed front door. "Can you not open the door?" Dream asked with a playful smirk.

"Just open it already," George rolled his eyes, yet, there was no anger in his voice. Dream chuckled and opened the door.

While they were walking down the sidewalk, Dream checked to make sure no one was around, then started talking to George.

"How can you interact with the piano, but not the door?" he asked. "The piano was mine when I was alive," George explained while adjusting his crown.

"Why can I see you, but not other ghost?" Dream asked. "You could see other ghost, they just don't want you to see them."

Dream continued asking questions until they reached their destination.

"A library?" Dream questioned as George waited for him to open the door. "You'll see."

Once they entered, George started walking towards the history section. He found a book titled, "Kings and Queens of the ages". He handed it to Dream. "Page 404," he told him.

Dream obliged and flipped to that page. It read: "George's ruler ship was cut short after he was assassinated by Technoblade, the famous assassin. Techno killed him by firing a lit firework at him using his crossbow."

Dream put down the book and turned to George. "It's true," George said, "now check out that book so I don't have to explain anything else about myself."

Dream did as told and checked out the book.

When they returned home, George made his way back up the stairs, and Dream opened the book again.

As he was reading, he couldn't help but think that George had an unfair life. He was constantly thrown into battles he didn't want any part in. He was married to a man he didn't really love. And, he had been assassinated for no real reason.

The book quoted a letter that had been written to someone by the name of Tommy: "We all lived in harmony, it was nice and peaceful, we loved it. Then, you came along. You started wars, battles, killings, the list goes on. My opinion is, that we should keep conflict to a minimum, but clearly in your mind, you want it to be at the maximum. That, I don't agree with at all."

Dream placed the book down again and walked back to the study, where George was. An idea formulated in his mind, but Dream didn't know if it was possible or not.

He gently pushed the door open. George looked up from what seemed to be a journal. "Yes, Dream?" George said as Dream entered.

"I finished that chapter," he said, taking a seat on one of the chairs scattered around the room. George nodded absently.

"I think you deserved a better life," Dream continued. George furrowed his brow. "I mean, you were put in a ridiculously high place of power, you didn't have any training, and you were expected to be at everyone's call."

George looked down at his feet. "Then," Dream added, "you were murdered for absolutely no reason." He finished his rant with a sigh. "I just... don't think that's how someone should live their life."

George raised an eyebrow. "What do you suppose I should do about that?" he asked, looking back up at Dream.

Dream explained his plan. You see, his plan had not been done in thousands of years. It was contemplated on weather it was even possible.

Dream's plan was to bring George back from the dead. He wasn't sure if it would work, but he was willing to try, for George's sake. He knew it would take weeks to complete, maybe even longer, but he knew it would be worth it.

"I- I need to think about it," George said, picking at the hem of his sleeve. "That's alright, take as much time as you need." Dream walked back down the hall to give George some privacy.

He sat back down, and switched on the TV.

Author's note: Sorry this took so long! I was having a bit of trouble with this part. Thanks for reading. If you enjoyed please leave a vote or comment. Remember to drink some water and eat something today. ❤️