Part #19

The day was filled with silent comfort and affection.

Dream finally managed to drag George out of the bedroom, only for him to cuddle Dream more on the couch.

"And you claimed that I was the cuddly one today?"
"You're warm."
"So your just using me for my warmth?"
"And I like the sound of your heartbeat."
"That's not much better. Cute. But not better."

Dream felt George's slight smile against his chest.

"Forensic Files" played on the TV. Both had taken a slight interest in the show as of late.

George was interested in it for the sake of the "intellectual thinking" it took to get away with such crimes. Although, George claimed that it was actually rather idiotic once you thought about it logically.

Dream wasn't actually that interested in the crimes themselves, but more George's takes on them. Dream found it easier to understand George's ideas on what happened than what was shown on screen. Also, he just liked it when George rambled about one of his interests, as he knew the brunet was often more quiet about his fascinations.

The end card rolled and a little notification popped up on the television screen asking "are you still watching?"

"Yes, Netflix, I am," Dream jokingly said towards the TV, "stop judging me and my interest."

George laughed and began to stand up. "I should probably make dinner now, though."

"It's dinner time already?"
"It's four."
"Oh. Jeeze, Netflix is really calling us out."

George chuckled and stood up, but was stopped by Dream's hand on his wrist.

"Noooo," Dream whined, "stay here for a little while longer."
"Babe," George smiled, "I have to make dinner."
"You can do it in a minute, and I'll help so it'll be faster."

George scoffed before sitting back down on the edge of the couch and intertwining his hand with Dream's.

"I will pay you not to help me."
"I'm not that bad."
"Remember that time that you-"
"Shhh, we're pretending like that didn't happen."
"I'm not."
"Yes, you are."
"You can do the dishes and cut vegetables, ok?"
"Because it is literally impossible for me to mess that up, deal."

George began to stand up but was stopped again.

"Butttt, we have to cuddle for one more episode," Dream said.
"The episodes are over twenty minutes long," George protested.
"I know that."
"I can tell that if I don't agree to that, you're not gonna let me leave, also, as stated before,
you are warm, so fine. One more episode."

Dream smiled as George laid back down on top of him. He snaked his arms around him and pressed the "next episode" button on the screen.