Part #26

Just realized that one of my tags said "dreamm" instead of "Dream" and now I feel dumb
Also, Dream's bedroom is based on my Dad's childhood bedroom and I thought that was cool
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dream's mother had been waiting for the day Dream would bring home a partner on his arm. It had taken a while, but it had come.

Sure, the wait was a grueling experience, but she was happy he finally found the person for him. She prayed that this George boy wasn't like Dream's father.

She heard a knock on the door and rushed to open it.

At the door stood Dream and a young man around her height. Who she was presuming to be George, looked a little nervous. Meanwhile, Dream had the kind smile he always had.

George was a little afraid of the woman. Despite the fact that she looked almost exactly how he had expected her to, he was still a little caught off guard.

"Ah, Dream!" she smiled, hugging her son, "and you must be George," she extended her hand for George to shake, which he did.

All the woman's suspicions melted when she heard George speak. He was a little soft-spoken and seemed anxious. Her eyes latched onto the way George had one hand wrapped around Dream's arm.

She smiled to herself and allowed them in, telling them to go onto the porch and that she'd meet them there.

They did and she heard Dream say something to George but only barely heard his quiet response.

She walked into the kitchen and joined them on the porch with three glasses of lemonade. She sat down across from the two.

Dream started the conversation by saying, "I see you fixed up the garden."
"No, that was Drista actually. She wanted to try out gardening for once so I let her have the backyard to herself."
"She's done a good job, George is actually kinda into gardening too."

He smiled at George, forcing him to participate in the conversation.

"Yeah, but I haven't had an actual garden in a really long time," he said softly.
"You have the entire backyard."
"The soil is really dried up and if I actually planted anything there it'd die instantly."
"What about the front yard?"
"The neighborhood cats like to lay in it and I don't want to make them leave."

Dream's mother was immediately drawn to the way George made Dream smile just by simply speaking to him. She hoped George would always make him smile like that.

"So what have you been up to, Mom?" Dream asked, returning his focus to her.
"Nothing much, just keeping the house clean and reading. How about you? You never tell me what you've been doing anymore."
"Well," Dream smiled at George briefly, "I actually have something to tell you."

George caught on to what he was hinting at and a small smile played on his lips.

"George and I are actually engaged," Dream said, smiling.

She was speechless.

"I'm so glad you found the person for you," she said once she composed herself. And she genuinely was.

The rest of the night went smoothly. A conversation arose where they almost bored Dream to death because they found out that they both read the same author.

The sun was beginning to set and it was too late for them to find a hotel on the drive home.

They decided that Dream and George could just sleep there in Dream's old room.

They continued to chat for a bit before deciding it was time for bed. Dream guided George upstairs to his old bedroom.

The room was small with pale green walls and two windows, one that led out to the roof, and another that you could see the driveway from. A small bed with white sheets was pressed up against the corner with a nightstand beside it.

Dream looked around the room as nostalgia flooded his mind. George opened the window that led out to the roof and looked at it curiously.

He sat down his bag and climbed out onto the roof without a word. Dream chuckled and walked over to the window.

"What are you doing?" he asked, smiling.
"Just sitting on the roof, hoping it won't collapse or I won't slide off."
"That's morbid."
"I've read too many horror books this month."

Dream crawled onto the roof with him, praying that he wouldn't slip. How George sat up there without being afraid was a mystery to him.

They started talking about things they hadn't thought to ask before.

"Are you religious?" Dream asked.
"Not in the way you might think."
"What do you mean?"
"I knew a god."
"What?!"

George laughed at his confusion and explained that he knew a god named DreamXD.

"Ok, so you're telling me that you knew a god, a literal all-powerful being?"
"Yeah. Dated him too."
"You dated a god!?"
"Yep."
"I hate the fact that I believe you."
"It's true. I have proof."
"Why are you like this."
"Like what?"
"Pretty enough to make a god fall in love with you."
"Magic."

After that more questions and conversations sparked.

"Do you want kids?" Dream asked
"Not really."
"Yeah, me neither."
"Kids are scary."
"They're weird."
"I would like a cat though."
"You've practically adopted the neighborhood street cats."
"Exactly."

They climbed up to the top part of the roof and laid down. It was flatter so they couldn't slip off.

"What do you want to do in the future?" Dream asked.
"I want to write a book."
"About what?"
"Two characters embark on a quest to save the world but realize that they were too late and are visited by a mysterious god. They then become gods themselves and rebuild the world together."
"I'd read that."
"You hate reading."
"That sounds really cool though. What happens next?"
"They are split up because one is the god of creation and the other is the god of destruction. Kinda like the sun and moon thing where they're always chasing each other but can never meet without messing up the entire world."
"What do they do about it?"
"They suffer."
"You're a horrible man."
"Thanks, I try."

They continued like that until it got too late and they went inside to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lowkey kinda wanna make George's story idea into an actual book. Why am I like this.
Also, it's 4 AM and I think this dialogue of fucking hilarious