36

POV: BAYLIN GRIGGS

We got to my house in a matter of minutes, Harry stepping on the gas and practically running red lights. My brain was crammed with worry as it scrambled possibilities— someone must have broke in again, I was sure of it. My gut wrenching in the feeling that this assumption I had managed to come up with was correct.

I was thankful that I chose to stay at Harry's place for the night, who knows what could have happened if I was home while the intruder broke in, alone too. I didn't even want to think of the outcome.

As Harry turned onto my street, in the near distance and surrounding my house was the sight of red and blue illuminating lights bouncing off the neighborhood, what looked like close to ten police cars scattered along the street and countless neighbors standing outside their homes watching the action.

As my eyes peer around the different cars, I see a ambulance with large words reading 'paramedic' across the length of the vehicle.

My heart started pounding out of my fucking chest.

Harry parked the car in an empty space on the curb, behind a police car with flashing lights, and we bolted out and rushed to my front door. The front lawn was packed with unfamiliar police officers, chatting about things I couldn't hear since my ears were ringing with fear.

My front door was wide open with cops spilling in an out, when we approached I located Detective Williams and Officer Hill both standing at the door frame which led to the living room. The two of them talking to another officer with a look of frantic fret.

"...Like I said we can't decipher if she was-" Alice pauses mid conversation when she meets my eyes as Harry and I stride her direction.

I walk right up to her, Harry standing a couple steps behind me to be out of the way. The two cops were the only I recognized, so I found a form of contentment to see their faces in this mess of strange people wondering around my house.

"Detective." I greet her, giving Jesse a glace as well before looking around the areas of my home splintered with people. "What's going on? Why are there so many police?"

When my eyes meet back with hers, she stands directly in front of my line of vision in a way to block me from looking into my living room. I automatically peek around her, seeing more police as well as four figures, in the attire the forensics wore yesterday, and that same young photographer with her camera.

There was about seven people in the room, all covering the diameter of my couch with their backs faced to me and blocking my vision from seeing anything further than that. They were all circling something, examining something on the couch.

"Did someone break in again?" I blurt, urgent to see what was in the living that seemed to be grabbing everyone's attention.

Alice looked concerned, not so much for what had been going on around us, but for me and my well being. She seemed to know something that I was yet to be informed form, and worried for how I will react when I find out.

"Yes." She says simply. "But that's the least of your worried as of right now."

I give her a strained and confused look, tencing my brows and tilting my head slightly like a confused puppy.

It's never a good thing to hear when a cop tells you someone broke into your house, but it's even worse to hear the cop say that someone breaking into my house is the least of my fucking worries. What possibly could be worse than another stunt like the ear?

Just as I go to speak, I hear wheels rolling and clinking of metal dashing towards us from behind me. Harry reached for my arm and yanks me out of the way, when I turn around to see what he notice, I was astonished.