48

POV: BAYLIN GRIGGS

"Can you two kiss and make up already." Zayn blurts, creating the awkward tension we all were out very best to avoid.

"Zayn." I say in warning, shooting him a look so that he would take the hint and stop.

It's been hours since we first got here, nearly five pm now. We had spent the entire day chilling at the beach, which would have been a lot more fun if Harry wasn't still acting like I was a ghost. He still hasn't said a word to me, the 'giving me his jacket' cliche was nice of him, but I could tell he was still angry with me.

All four of us were sitting on the navy blue blanket that was laid out on the sand, Zayn and Harry sitting side by side, while Liam and I leaned on each other for support.

As the sun slowly neared the horizon, though there was still enough light for at least another hour and a half. The wind had picked up quite a bit, clouds rolling overhead blocking the sun from giving us any warmth. It was gloomy and grey, yet it didn't bother me. Of course I wish it was sunny and warm, but I felt our atmosphere matched the mood— which in a way made me feel better.

I was much warmer now, Zayn's sweatpants and Harry's jacket doing a big part in the helping of that. I don't think I would have been able to survive if I had to stay in those wet jeans for this long. I one hundred percent would have frozen to death.

I was trying my best to ignore Harry and keep up my happy attitude despite the blue arena, but he was making it really hard. I can't enjoy myself knowing that Harry isn't happy with me. We haven't even laid a hand on each other once, all day, not even a hug. I'd be lucky if I see him bat an eye. I had expected him to smother me the second he saw me this morning. But because of what, well.. who he saw, he didn't get the chance to. I longed for the feeling of him, his addictive lips, his warm arms, his hands on my waist pulling me close.

Though, I'm starting to feel like he has a right to be upset with me. I shouldn't have kept from him that Niall was living at the foster home I was staying at. I will admit due to the circumstances, looking from his perspective, it did sound rather suspicious that I didn't tell him. It seemed like I was purposely keeping it from him, which wasn't the case.

I shouldn't have been scared to tell him. He would have found out eventually, so it would have been better for me to tell him earlier sooner rather than later. If this were the other way around, I'd be upset too.

But as much as I tried to act unbothered by his attitude towards me, it was practically impossible. In fact he was starting to make me mad. This was going on for too long.

"Baylin." Zayn mocks my tone, pushing the pressure on me.

I look at Liam, asking for his help with my eyes. I told Liam when we first got to the beach why Harry was mad at me, leaving out the important details, so he'll understand better than Zayn. But of course, Liam doesn't give me the response I was hoping for.

"Sorry babe," Liam replies to my stare, dumping the last of the chip crumbs in his mouth. "I gotta agree with Zayn. You two are more fun when you aren't pissed at each other."

I can see Harry fidgeting with his rings out of the corner of my eye, he had a look of indecisiveness spread across his face— probably debating if he should confront me or not.

Liam sits up, forcing me to get up and off him as well. He had his arm swung around me, I was leaning on his shoulder and using his body as a pillow. Liam put his hand between my shoulder blades and pushed me forward in the slightest, Harry's direction. He urged me to say something to the boy who hasn't talked to me all day.