63

POV: BAYLIN GRIGGS

Driving back from downtown was a lot better than the drive there. Screaming off the rooftops until our lungs were red and raw eased the tension between Niall and I. The entire drive back we were singing to the blasting radio and laughing our asses off.

I nearly had forgotten about everything. Screaming out all the built up emotions does wonders when it comes to storing all my problems in my brain.

But the second we turned into a familiar city, it all came back.

Just like last time, in order to get back, we had to pass Harry's neighborhood. Instantly my worry came back. I tried to call him one more time while Niall was busy singing along to Lana Del Ray.

Once again, he didn't pick up.

It's nearly one in the morning and if I know Harry he's definitely not asleep yet. Which means he's still just choosing not to answer me.

I turned down the music, causing Niall to look at me and frown at the fact that he was still singing even once it was off.

"Can we stop by Harry's apartment again?"

Niall looked at me like I had just asked him if he wanted to go skydiving. He looked scared for me, as if I was thinking this through.

"Are you sure?" He asked me.

I nod my head yes and turn to look out the window, "I need to make sure he's okay. It's been almost ten hours since he left, and he still won't pick up."

Niall doesn't say a word, but he turns on the next coming street— which was the one we turned on last time to get to Harry's apartment.

Few minutes later, the car stops on the curb directly in front of the lobby entrance.

"Thank's Niall, I don't know how long this'll take." I warn, grabbing my phone but leaving my bag in the car.

I'm wearing Nialls flannel again, the same one he let me borrow the last time we came to the scream tower— which is what we're calling it now. I came up with the name while in the elevator going up, Niall made fun of it but agreed anyway. I wrap the flannel tighter around my body and go to open the door.

Right before I step out, Niall grabs my wrist to stop me.

"Brace yourself babe. Remember I'm right here, come down and we'll leave." He tells me, making me more scared than I already was. "And if Harry tells you everything, and you're upset with me, I understand. I'll send you money for an Uber or something if you don't want to drive back with me."

I furrow my brows, "Why would I be mad at you?" I ask. Does this have something to do with earlier when he said 'what we did was fucked up'? Fuck, am I going to be angry at Niall too?

He avoids eye contact, letting go of my wrist with his sweaty palm and looking like he was begging me not to be upset with him.

"I don't know, just go, tell me everything when you get back."

I give him a nod and step out of the car. I pace myself through the light rain until I reach the overhead walkway. Walking through the lobby, I say a quick hello to the desk lady who knows me well by now and knows I'm okay to pass through. When I stepped foot in the elevator, my stomach began to turn and crumble.

I was so nervous to see Harry. He doesn't even know I'm coming. What if this is a terrible idea? But I need to make sure he's okay and not dead or anything bad like that. I don't even know what I'm going to say when he opens the door, he could just completely not want to see me and shut it back in my face. But we need to sort this out before it escalates further. He's being childish by not talking to me about all this. Communication is very important and he just can't seem to see that.