42

POV: HARRY STYLES

Last night is going to be engraved in my head forever, and maybe that's the reason I slept like a fucking baby.

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm, immediately feeling the discomfort of my drowsiness. The sun was beaming through the window, coating our bodies in light and warmth of the rays hitting us.

Baylin scrunched up her face at the annoyingly loud sound coming from my phone, still wrapped around me just as we were when we fell asleep— with me on my back and her on her side, her limbs tangled in mine.

I reach my arm out to blindly press the button on my phone that stops the noise. Once the noise stops, I pull Baylin in closer. Taking a deep breath through my nose, dreading having to get up and face school.

In a weird way it felt like if I got up now, I wouldn't be able to come back to her... ever. I know that's not the case but my mind can't help but overthink it.

I'm not going to have her sleeping next to me tonight, or any other night. I've gotten so used to having her around and here with me, it's going to feel so weird when she's gone.

I knew she wasn't going to stay here forever, but the least thing I expected was for her to get put into foster care. It didn't even cross my mind, though it should have considering my past.

Me of all people should have known they would put her in the foster system.

"Mmm, Good morning." She hums, her voice quiet and so angelic with the sun backlighting her.

Her hair was frizzy and an absolute mess, she pushes her disobeying curls out of her face to flash me a lazy smile, her eyes were still half shut and puffy from her sleep.

I can't hold back my lips from curling to a smile at how gorgeous she looks.

"Morning." I mumble in reply.

I never did get used to seeing her in the morning. I've woken up to many different girls in my bed, none ever gave me the feeling I get when I wake up to see her beside me.

It's a weird feeling.

The comforter was pulled to the middle of my stomach, high enough to be covering her completely— though I could still feel her bare chest on my side.

Her hand slips down my frame, tracing over the curve of my side. Her fingers find a certain spot on my hip and I feel a light sting to her touch, I flinch at the sudden pain.

Her eyes followed her hand to see why I reacted the way I did. When she noticed the marks she gave me last night by digging her nails into my skin she smoothed over the slightly sore spot.

"Did I do that?" She says with a tone of worry in her soft voice.

I leaned over to look down at them, they weren't too bad— but enough to leave me dark red marks of irritation in the shapes of lines and nails.

"Mhm." I nod my head, still half asleep and too tired to deal with her apologetic manor.

"I'm so sorry." She seemed genuinely upset, it was adorable. "I didn't know I was hurting you."

"It's fine." I chuckle lightly, shutting my eyes again and let my head rest back to the pillow.

"Why didn't you say anything? You could have told me to stop." Her puppy eyes filled with a guilty look that made me almost feel bad.

My lips curve to a smile at how I would be answering that question.

"I kind of liked it."

"You liked it?" She repeats, looking up to watch me.